• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good for you Wisconsin!!

Tawnos

I wouldn't call that "good for them". Looks like "eh, screw process, we're going to work around it to pass what we want."

If the (D)s did that to the (R)s, you'd be up in arms about the ten kinds of BS it really is.

CalicoJack10

The sad fact is that no matter what side you take on this matter, there comes a point where you have to stop and realize that the actions that are being taken have no bearing on the people, and are based entirely on their fights with each other.

The news regularly failed to show the numbers of people that were in Madison in support of Governor Walker's actions. Several times, those gatherings far outweighed the number of people that were there against it. I was there on 2 of the days during this protest, and the fact is that the union members with all their friends and family were still the minority as far as the number of people their in either group.

I believe that no matter the situation it was cowardly of those that left and went into hiding. I subscribe to NO political party, because I am a realist, everyone has some good and some bad ideas. I think that these politicians abandoned the very people that they were elected by, in order to create a situation where nothing could get done until they got their way.

I am personally glad that someone took some action as opposed to continuing to let this happen indefinitely. I will not comment on if it is rite or wrong, I will just say that I think those that ran are cowards and should be charged with abandoning their posts. No matter what the reason is. When you are an elected official, and you were elected to represent the people, and you refuse to do so, you should be committing a crime.

frommycolddeadhands

No winners in this...

The whole Wisconsin situation is such a cluster#@$%& that it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Dems left the friggin state for the sole purpose of avoiding a vote or debate on the bill. That's not democracy, that's a bunch of bratty kids running away because they don't want to take part in the democratic process. They left their constituents and the 'liberal thinking public' without representation in the halls of the state senate, which was the job they were elected to carry out. They thought they could stop the vote on this bill by not having a quorum. The republicans asked them back. The governor offered to negotiate, and they refused.

The republicans took out the financial part of the bill and passed it into law while the dems were still out. Now the Dems are condemning THEM and saying this was an un-democratic move.

The Dems are a bunch of hypocrites who should be fired. The republicans passed a law, but now they are set up to look like the bad guys and the dems are going to smear them and call them nazi's and fascists.

In the end the working people just got their union powers stripped, and they didn't have the representation that they should have had because their representatives fled like a bunch of punks.

No matter what side of the isle you sit on, or how you feel about unions, this was a failure.

This isn't how the system is supposed to work. The people of Wisconsin deserved better.

flb_78

I wouldn't call that "good for them". Looks like "eh, screw process, we're going to work around it to pass what we want."

If the (D)s did that to the (R)s, you'd be up in arms about the ten kinds of BS it really is.

If the (D)s could break up a union and save taxpayers money, I wouldn't be bothered at all.

Tawnos

If the (D)s could break up a union and save taxpayers money, I wouldn't be bothered at all.

And if they did it to pass some measure you disagree with? Such as, perhaps, a "sanctuary state" bill or a gun control bill?

BJA

Campaign Veteran
And if they did it to pass some measure you disagree with? Such as, perhaps, a "sanctuary state" bill or a gun control bill?
Looks like I would have to move, or fight for change in the next election because obviously my fellow Wisconsinites voiced their opinions by voting......... Where does the 10 kinds of BS come in Tawnos? I don't get it.........

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

If the "(R)s packed up and left the state to avoid the vote (and responsibility) , I wonder what the (D)s (and the media) would have had to say....

Outdoorsman

jbone

The government Union's need way more of these kick's in seat of the pants. Now that was "Change I Can Believe In".

Tawnos

If the "(R)s packed up and left the state to avoid the vote (and responsibility) , I wonder what the (D)s (and the media) would have had to say....

Outdoorsman

Dammit man, don't you get it? If they did that because they thought the bill was unconscionable, illegal, or immoral, I think that's the right thing for them to do as representatives. More than that, the bill was stripped of its fiscal impact provisions so that the (R)s could circumvent the legal requirement that the 20 senators be present for voting on fiscal impact bills.

This is bad precedent, and should be abhorred, not applauded.

Outdoorsman1

I think I heard somewhere that federal employee's do not have the collective bargining rights that the Wisconsin unions are trying so hard to hold on to..???

Outdoorsman.

HandyHamlet

Wait.

The Republicans are circumventing the system by dealing with the aftermath of the Democrats fleeing the state in an unprecedented move?

flb_78

Then I would upset because they people who I voted for to represent me ran away with their tails tucked instead of fighting the bill.

I would do everything in my power to make sure they were not elected again.

jbone

Wait.

The Republicans are circumventing the system by dealing with the aftermath of the Democrats fleeing the state in an unprecedented move?

I know, what I crazy thought. And the nerve of Mr. shrug off my duties of the people Sen. Miller, I believe he said in an interview after the Bill passing from his hide-out (out of state) that the Republicans weren't doing the job they were elected for. What a bozo!

What Hypocrites those Lib's. He said that with a straight face and believed his own malarkey.