Thread: Got my first .45!

Got my first .45!

Picked up my 1st Glock which also happens to be my first .45! Hooray for the G36!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	5404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	5405  
    Last edited by Carcharodon; 03-10-2011 at 01:39 AM.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sweet sexy little thang
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Welcome to the dark side!

.45ACP is a wonderful caliber.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

OUTSTANDING
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 03-10-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

.45ACP for me too!

Nice choice on both manufacturer and size of the 'business end'....Ive got the g27...subcompact 40cal...only because it was available at a great price...now ive grown to love it. Ive shot the 45...nice..would like to add one to my herd also. have fun with it!

McX
    so many guns, so little time. i have launched into the study of the .357 long barrel revolver, with a .22 old six for cheapness. range opens in a week or so. suppose i have to shoot Chromie or languish in public. Considering the mag. for cc duty, when it comes, in the classic Dirty Harry style. Oldschool i have joined the arms race.

I remember my first .45 S&W 25 revolver in.45 long colt sold it at a giveaway price
    ah to be young and stupid again

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    so many guns, so little time. i have launched into the study of the .357 long barrel revolver, with a .22 old six for cheapness. range opens in a week or so. suppose i have to shoot Chromie or languish in public. Considering the mag. for cc duty, when it comes, in the classic Dirty Harry style. Oldschool i have joined the arms race.
    Well its about time

.45ACP When you absolutely, positively have to stop the threat...

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    .45ACP When you absolutely, positively have to stop the threat...
    jacketed hollow point any caliber .40 and bigger will do
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    jacketed hollow point any caliber .40 and bigger will do
    No Argument. I just happen to prefer .45ACP Cause my big ole shiny 1911 is chambered in .45ACP...

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    i would not turn down a 45 i would welcomeit with open arms i currently use a 40 right time right place right price
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Welcome to manhood.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    Welcome to manhood.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    Welcome to manhood.
    haha, suck it McX!! LOL

thanks guys, Im proud to be a member! now for the hard part, fullsize 1911, or upgrade my reloading gear so I can actually afford to shoot. Heading to Cabelas on Saturday, we'll have to wait and see what I come back with. I have to say though, my rock chucker press is reeealllllly slow compared to an L-N-L ap
    or a Dillon 650......
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    No Argument. I just happen to prefer .45ACP Cause my big ole shiny 1911 is chambered in .45ACP...
    Don't say 1911 so loudly. McX's ears may hear you. Then again, he's old, so he might not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    haha, suck it McX!! LOL

thanks guys, Im proud to be a member! now for the hard part, fullsize 1911, or upgrade my reloading gear so I can actually afford to shoot. Heading to Cabelas on Saturday, we'll have to wait and see what I come back with. I have to say though, my rock chucker press is reeealllllly slow compared to an L-N-L ap
    or a Dillon 650......
    McX does have a .45ACP pistol, just not a 1911.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

"McX does have a .45ACP pistol, just not a 1911. "

Damnit, well now the race is on cause I want one too! I have a Puma 1911 .22 so I guess I'm halfway there at least, lol.
    Thomas Jefferson

Congratulations

Congratulations on your new Glock .45 - While I have heard many nice things about Glocks, my personal preference is the Springfield XD which I have in both 9mm and .45ACP - but that is just me. Your mileage may vary.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I have an XD in .40 and I love it! It is just to big to conceal IMO.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    I have an XD in .40 and I love it! It is just to big to conceal IMO.
    NONSENSE - I have been carrying my Springfield XD-9 (and alternating it with my Springfield XD-45) as my primary concealed carry firearm since August of last year (when I moved from the Springfield Model 1911 Ultra-Compact as my primary concealed carry firearm). I use a Blackhawk pancake holster (Model 21) and carry my two extra magazines on my weak side in a Cabela's mag holster. All covered with a long sleeve zippered sweater that I do not zipper up because it adequately covers my concealed firearm. (Backup is a Kel-Tek P-32 in a pocket holster.)
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.