• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did anyone else get this???

range rat

Reciprocity Bill Introduced In U.S. House

Click here to vote in this week's poll.
Last week, H.R. 822, was introduced in the U.S. House by Representatives Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Heath Schuler (D-N.C.). The measure would allow any person with a valid state-issued concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms. A state's laws governing where concealed firearms may be carried would apply within its borders. The bill also applies to Washington , D.C. , Puerto Rico and U.S. territories.

H.R. 822 would not create a federal licensing system. Rather, it would require the states to recognize each others' carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards. Rep. Stearns has introduced such legislation since 1995.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121 and urge him or her to cosponsor and support H.R. 822. Additional contact information can be found using the "Write Your Representatives" feature at www.NRAILA.org.

I've been busten butt for the last Seven Nights. [7 on at quad, long story. Hey dan what"s shaken ? ] Any who,I'm playen catch up now to see what I Miss....

protias

So I can register with the government? How about criminals tell cops they are carrying or register with the government? Why do I, a law abiding citizen, have less rights than a criminal?

XDFDE45

Why do I, a law abiding citizen, have less rights than a criminal?
It's been slowly happening for years now. That's part of the reason states have been passing the Castle Doctrine Law in part to help protect people who may have had to shoot someone in self defense. The fact that either the perp who was shot and wounded can sue you or if the perp is killed and the family decided to sue in civil court, even though you were the victim of a crime is a travesty.

amaixner

This gets introduced every year. It would be nice, but some people are wary of allowing any federal interference / intervention whatsoever in state permit issues, because of the potential for increasing interference.