Thread: legislative movement on permit renewals by mail and temporary permit applications

legislative movement on permit renewals by mail and temporary permit applications

Looks like a few bills are making it out of committee (some new language). Bills look good to me:

AN ACT AUTHORIZING RENEWAL OF STATE PERMIT TO CARRY A PISTOL OR REVOLVER BY MAIL and

AN ACT CONCERNING APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A TEMPORARY STATE PERMIT TO CARRY A PISTOL OR A REVOLVER.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/TOB/H/201...263-R01-HB.htm and
    http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/TOB/S/201...967-R00-SB.htm
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

I still don't understand why I have to prove that I am a citizen EVERY time I renew my permit. It's ridiculous and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mitola View Post
    I still don't understand why I have to prove that I am a citizen EVERY time I renew my permit. It's ridiculous and unnecessary.
    You don't, I only had to show it the first time. I just renewed a few months ago and did not have to produce a BC or Passport. It actually states on your renewal notice if it will be required, once on file with DPS after your next renewal you will not have to show it again.

Didn't the Peter Kuck situation address that and finally put an end to that?

His situation was clearly abuse because of his position on the BFPE, but..... I thought that was finally a done deal.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by brk913 View Post
    You don't, I only had to show it the first time. I just renewed a few months ago and did not have to produce a BC or Passport. It actually states on your renewal notice if it will be required, once on file with DPS after your next renewal you will not have to show it again.
    If HB 5263 bill passes, it will be written into law that you must submit proof of citizenship if you intend to renew by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    Didn't the Peter Kuck situation address that and finally put an end to that?

His situation was clearly abuse because of his position on the BFPE, but..... I thought that was finally a done deal.

Jonathan
    The case, which is now about due process has been remanded back to the previous court. The 2nd Circuit never ruled on the validity of the claim that it was not legal to require proof of citizenship.

Thanx.

I didn't know it was still in "limbo". So much for due process....... man, given his other suit, that's almost a pun!

This proving your a citizen thing over and over again is moot and silly.

Jonathan