• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

legislative movement on permit renewals by mail and temporary permit applications

Shawn Mitola

I still don't understand why I have to prove that I am a citizen EVERY time I renew my permit. It's ridiculous and unnecessary.

brk913

I still don't understand why I have to prove that I am a citizen EVERY time I renew my permit. It's ridiculous and unnecessary.
You don't, I only had to show it the first time. I just renewed a few months ago and did not have to produce a BC or Passport. It actually states on your renewal notice if it will be required, once on file with DPS after your next renewal you will not have to show it again.

KIX

Didn't the Peter Kuck situation address that and finally put an end to that?

His situation was clearly abuse because of his position on the BFPE, but..... I thought that was finally a done deal.

Jonathan

gluegun

You don't, I only had to show it the first time. I just renewed a few months ago and did not have to produce a BC or Passport. It actually states on your renewal notice if it will be required, once on file with DPS after your next renewal you will not have to show it again.

If HB 5263 bill passes, it will be written into law that you must submit proof of citizenship if you intend to renew by mail.

gluegun

Didn't the Peter Kuck situation address that and finally put an end to that?

His situation was clearly abuse because of his position on the BFPE, but..... I thought that was finally a done deal.

Jonathan

The case, which is now about due process has been remanded back to the previous court. The 2nd Circuit never ruled on the validity of the claim that it was not legal to require proof of citizenship.

KIX

Thanx.

I didn't know it was still in "limbo". So much for due process....... man, given his other suit, that's almost a pun!

This proving your a citizen thing over and over again is moot and silly.

Jonathan