Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget Repair Bill is moving again.

Budget Repair Bill is moving again.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

Lets hope that means we'll see the CC bill in the expected time frame.

-Deleted attack based on weight. Keep to the high road, folks. -Gray

Why is it called a protest when everyone crawls thru closed windows(Capitol), but when you try it anywhere else; it's called breaking & entering?
    Last edited by Gray Peterson; 03-10-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

Lets hope that means we'll see the CC bill in the expected time frame.
    Maybe sooner
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

By CC you mean Constitutional Carry correct?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Just for the sake of variety can these protesters learn a new word other than
    "shame shame shame shame"

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    That would be like asking them to use a different word other than "Hitler" when calling a Republican they don't like a name. Not going to happen .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

MPD needs to find a pair of nads and lock down the capitol and stuff the hippies in the hoosegow.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    MPD needs to find a pair of nads and lock down the capitol and stuff the hippies in the hoosegow.
    Yes I think the totality of circumstance would dictate that action

I wouild expect damage totals to start adding up in Madison. Just because they are loud and obnoxious, doesn't mean they represent the majority of WI. They can scream, cry, pee all over themselves, I will stay on the RIGHT side.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Maybe sooner
    Gee I've been getting a lot of death threats lately. Maybe it would be nice if I could carry a gun!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Only if you can get the gov to stop using the word "tool".

Some people here just don't seem to get it. This polarization will not work. I predict that the tactics used by the Governor and the Republicans are going to backfire. They were voted into office because people wanted a change, just like Obama was voted into office. Many people who are enamored with change have their eyes opened to the severity of change once it is all laid out. There was and is no way for any politician to campaign on an exact plan. They would never get voted into office.

If you think the Governor has a mandate from the state, then where are all of the "Stand by Walker" supporters to show that support? Those who rally against Walker outnumber his supporters at least 100 to 1. Recalls are going to happen and the tide will turn. Constitutional Carry will not happen and if it is passed before the recalls, the new party in power will rescind it just to get even. The Dems are going to have some major victories because the Republicans cannot play nicely.
    See post 57 of
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...13#post1479513

I repeat, amid all this feather fluffing and bloviating, do not throw caution to the wind.

I will use these words from a friend of ours:
    Really I just want both parties to honestly and genuinely work together to find the best solution possible.

When I locate the recall petition in my neighborhood I will be signing it to recall Robert Wirch (D). Guess I should get on that ASAP. Thanks for reminding me!

p.s. Is he back in the state doing his job yet?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-10-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    Some people here just don't seem to get it. This polarization will not work. I predict that the tactics used by the Governor and the Republicans are going to backfire. They were voted into office because people wanted a change, just like Obama was voted into office. Many people who are enamored with change have their eyes opened to the severity of change once it is all laid out. There was and is no way for any politician to campaign on an exact plan. They would never get voted into office.

If you think the Governor has a mandate from the state, then where are all of the "Stand by Walker" supporters to show that support? Those who rally against Walker outnumber his supporters at least 100 to 1. Recalls are going to happen and the tide will turn. Constitutional Carry will not happen and if it is passed before the recalls, the new party in power will rescind it just to get even. The Dems are going to have some major victories because the Republicans cannot play nicely.
    See post 57 of

I repeat, amid all this feather fluffing and bloviating, do not throw caution to the wind.

Sorry to disagree about Walker but He is doing what he promised and glad he is. Walkers supporters are busy working to earn money to pay for teacher retirement plans and when the awoloose dems get recalled CC will be in the can!
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

100 to 1 because 90 of them are from out of state, and are proffessional protesters. These are the same people that protested Vietnam, climate change, or anything else they could think of. These are the same peaceful people that trash cities, flip over cars and light fires during G20 summits. The people that support Walker are not the protesting type. They are too busy working, and trying to provide for their families, to worry about what some fruit cakes are doing in Madison. Wisconsin needs to go through some pain, in order to get straightned out.
    It is kind of funny watching the Dems spontainiously combust though.

See post 57 of

Too much Kool-Aid & brownies perhaps???
    Bale da Hay

Not everyone can run to Madison to protest at the drop of a hat some of us have jobs that actually require attendance to get paid or even maintain our employment

See post 57 of

This could have been avoided had the Dems not gotten a yellow streak down their back and ran. And let us not forget back in 2009 when Doyle and the Dems in charge did pretty much the same thing with their budget. No meetings, closed door and they passed it with the attitude of "Don't like the way we did it? Too bad, live with it." All the people who are protesting now were pretty darn quite back then so it is the height of hypocrisy now for them to be raising such a stink.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Sorry to disagree about Walker but He is doing what he promised and glad he is. Walkers supporters are busy working to earn money to pay for teacher retirement plans and when the awoloose dems get recalled CC will be in the can!

+1
    Bale da Hay

What did the Dems do in D.C. with Obama Care? Oh yeh, they locked Replublicans out of meetings, and passed things on holidays, and late nights. Comes full circle doesn't it!
    Last edited by metalman383; 03-10-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling

It's all what you want to believe. But I believe I saw over 100, 000 people peacefully protesting in Madison a couple of Saturdays ago. I believe that I saw 1000+ peaceful anti-Walker protestors at the Marathon Co. court house the other evening a week, while a dozen or so in gas guzzling vehicles drove around the block with their Walker signs plastered over their windows. I believe that most if not all of those "Can the Bill" protestors where local people. I believe that I saw several hundred people gather at the flag raising ceremony at the Greenheck field house last Friday early morning and I can bet they were all from the area around Wausau. To be fair, there was one Walker supporter. There were no trashed cities, flipped over cars, or fires. These protests were held after or before work or on weekends to accommodate all who wanted to be there. It's all what you want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    ... And let us not forget back in 2009 when Doyle and the Dems in charge did pretty much the same thing with their budget. No meetings, closed door and they passed it with the attitude of "Don't like the way we did it? Too bad, live with it." All the people who are protesting now were pretty darn quite back then so it is the height of hypocrisy now for them to be raising such a stink.
    I certainly do not condone what the Dems did. In fact, that's why the Reps are in power now. So, the Reps go and make the same mistake? I thought people were supposed to learn from the their mistakes and the mistakes made by others. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

It's all what you want to believe. But I believe I saw over 100, 000 people peacefully protesting in Madison a couple of Saturdays ago. I believe that I saw 1000+ peaceful anti-Walker protestors at the Marathon Co. court house the other evening a week, while a dozen or so in gas guzzling vehicles drove around the block with their Walker signs plastered over their windows. I believe that most if not all of those "Can the Bill" protestors where local people. I believe that I saw several hundred people gather at the flag raising ceremony at the Greenheck field house last Friday early morning and I can bet they were all from the area around Wausau. To be fair, there was one Walker supporter. There were no trashed cities, flipped over cars, or fires. These protests were held after or before work or on weekends to accommodate all who wanted to be there. It's all what you want to believe.

You seem to be good with numbers; not so much with the truth.
    Bale da Hay

Death threats being made, and Tea Party supporters are the radicals? I was also in Madison, and I can tell you a lot of those people were not representative of average Wisconsinites.

I certainly do not condone what the Dems did. In fact, that's why the Reps are in power now. So, the Reps go and make the same mistake? I thought people were supposed to learn from the their mistakes and the mistakes made by others. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
    There is a HUGE difference in what happened here. The Republicans at least waited for just about 3 weeks before going ahead with what they did. FAR MORE than what the Democrats did in '09. They gave the Dems a chance but they chose to stay in hiding instead. This is more on the Dems than the Reps.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast