• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Budget Repair Bill is moving again.

Lurchiron

-Deleted attack based on weight. Keep to the high road, folks. -Gray

Why is it called a protest when everyone crawls thru closed windows(Capitol), but when you try it anywhere else; it's called breaking & entering?

Last edited by a moderator:

metalman383

I wouild expect damage totals to start adding up in Madison. Just because they are loud and obnoxious, doesn't mean they represent the majority of WI. They can scream, cry, pee all over themselves, I will stay on the RIGHT side.

phred

Some people here just don't seem to get it. This polarization will not work. I predict that the tactics used by the Governor and the Republicans are going to backfire. They were voted into office because people wanted a change, just like Obama was voted into office. Many people who are enamored with change have their eyes opened to the severity of change once it is all laid out. There was and is no way for any politician to campaign on an exact plan. They would never get voted into office.

If you think the Governor has a mandate from the state, then where are all of the "Stand by Walker" supporters to show that support? Those who rally against Walker outnumber his supporters at least 100 to 1. Recalls are going to happen and the tide will turn. Constitutional Carry will not happen and if it is passed before the recalls, the new party in power will rescind it just to get even. The Dems are going to have some major victories because the Republicans cannot play nicely.
See post 57 of
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...being-Drafted-right-now&p=1479513#post1479513

I repeat, amid all this feather fluffing and bloviating, do not throw caution to the wind.

I will use these words from a friend of ours:
Really I just want both parties to honestly and genuinely work together to find the best solution possible.

HandyHamlet

When I locate the recall petition in my neighborhood I will be signing it to recall Robert Wirch (D). Guess I should get on that ASAP. Thanks for reminding me!

p.s. Is he back in the state doing his job yet?

Last edited:

littlewolf

Some people here just don't seem to get it. This polarization will not work. I predict that the tactics used by the Governor and the Republicans are going to backfire. They were voted into office because people wanted a change, just like Obama was voted into office. Many people who are enamored with change have their eyes opened to the severity of change once it is all laid out. There was and is no way for any politician to campaign on an exact plan. They would never get voted into office.

If you think the Governor has a mandate from the state, then where are all of the "Stand by Walker" supporters to show that support? Those who rally against Walker outnumber his supporters at least 100 to 1. Recalls are going to happen and the tide will turn. Constitutional Carry will not happen and if it is passed before the recalls, the new party in power will rescind it just to get even. The Dems are going to have some major victories because the Republicans cannot play nicely.
See post 57 of
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...being-Drafted-right-now&p=1479513#post1479513

I repeat, amid all this feather fluffing and bloviating, do not throw caution to the wind.

Sorry to disagree about Walker but He is doing what he promised and glad he is. Walkers supporters are busy working to earn money to pay for teacher retirement plans and when the awoloose dems get recalled CC will be in the can!

metalman383

100 to 1 because 90 of them are from out of state, and are proffessional protesters. These are the same people that protested Vietnam, climate change, or anything else they could think of. These are the same peaceful people that trash cities, flip over cars and light fires during G20 summits. The people that support Walker are not the protesting type. They are too busy working, and trying to provide for their families, to worry about what some fruit cakes are doing in Madison. Wisconsin needs to go through some pain, in order to get straightned out.
It is kind of funny watching the Dems spontainiously combust though.

Lurchiron

See post 57 of

Too much Kool-Aid & brownies perhaps???

oldschool

Not everyone can run to Madison to protest at the drop of a hat some of us have jobs that actually require attendance to get paid or even maintain our employment

XDFDE45

See post 57 of

This could have been avoided had the Dems not gotten a yellow streak down their back and ran. And let us not forget back in 2009 when Doyle and the Dems in charge did pretty much the same thing with their budget. No meetings, closed door and they passed it with the attitude of "Don't like the way we did it? Too bad, live with it." All the people who are protesting now were pretty darn quite back then so it is the height of hypocrisy now for them to be raising such a stink.

metalman383

What did the Dems do in D.C. with Obama Care? Oh yeh, they locked Replublicans out of meetings, and passed things on holidays, and late nights. Comes full circle doesn't it!

Last edited: