• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Budget Repair Bill is moving again.

phred

It's all what you want to believe. But I believe I saw over 100, 000 people peacefully protesting in Madison a couple of Saturdays ago. I believe that I saw 1000+ peaceful anti-Walker protestors at the Marathon Co. court house the other evening a week, while a dozen or so in gas guzzling vehicles drove around the block with their Walker signs plastered over their windows. I believe that most if not all of those "Can the Bill" protestors where local people. I believe that I saw several hundred people gather at the flag raising ceremony at the Greenheck field house last Friday early morning and I can bet they were all from the area around Wausau. To be fair, there was one Walker supporter. There were no trashed cities, flipped over cars, or fires. These protests were held after or before work or on weekends to accommodate all who wanted to be there. It's all what you want to believe.

phred

... And let us not forget back in 2009 when Doyle and the Dems in charge did pretty much the same thing with their budget. No meetings, closed door and they passed it with the attitude of "Don't like the way we did it? Too bad, live with it." All the people who are protesting now were pretty darn quite back then so it is the height of hypocrisy now for them to be raising such a stink.

I certainly do not condone what the Dems did. In fact, that's why the Reps are in power now. So, the Reps go and make the same mistake? I thought people were supposed to learn from the their mistakes and the mistakes made by others. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Lurchiron

It's all what you want to believe. But I believe I saw over 100, 000 people peacefully protesting in Madison a couple of Saturdays ago. I believe that I saw 1000+ peaceful anti-Walker protestors at the Marathon Co. court house the other evening a week, while a dozen or so in gas guzzling vehicles drove around the block with their Walker signs plastered over their windows. I believe that most if not all of those "Can the Bill" protestors where local people. I believe that I saw several hundred people gather at the flag raising ceremony at the Greenheck field house last Friday early morning and I can bet they were all from the area around Wausau. To be fair, there was one Walker supporter. There were no trashed cities, flipped over cars, or fires. These protests were held after or before work or on weekends to accommodate all who wanted to be there. It's all what you want to believe.

You seem to be good with numbers; not so much with the truth.

metalman383

Death threats being made, and Tea Party supporters are the radicals? I was also in Madison, and I can tell you a lot of those people were not representative of average Wisconsinites.

XDFDE45

I certainly do not condone what the Dems did. In fact, that's why the Reps are in power now. So, the Reps go and make the same mistake? I thought people were supposed to learn from the their mistakes and the mistakes made by others. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
There is a HUGE difference in what happened here. The Republicans at least waited for just about 3 weeks before going ahead with what they did. FAR MORE than what the Democrats did in '09. They gave the Dems a chance but they chose to stay in hiding instead. This is more on the Dems than the Reps.

Vandil

Even if the majority flips why would they go after a Concealed Carry permit system that's generating revenue? Especially when they are at the same time going to be approving millions of dollars in additional spending? I live in the Madison area so I know how fired up people are here I'm just not sure of state wide recall support.

(Constitutional Carry I just can't see big business republicans passing that when there's money to be made. Everything I have emailed\mailed Rep\Sen has asked for Constitutional Carry I just don't see us getting it.)

phred

..I was also in Madison, and I can tell you a lot of those people were not representative of average Wisconsinites.
If you are referring to that Saturday with over 100,000 people what does "a lot" mean. I only saw one or two people with a pro-walker sign and they were simply being ignored by the rest of the protestors. You would like to believe that they (the anti-walker supporters) were all from out of state, but the fact is that most were Wisconsinites. I saw people I knew and recognized and people with identifiers from their area and occupations in Wisconsin. The corrections officers, some of whom are on this forum made a significant contribution to the number I saw.

turbojohn41

As was said before alot of idiots from out of state. What does that leave? I think most of who are out yelling and screaming were Barret supporters And he lost. I really dont think many people that voted for Walker now changed thier mind.

oldschool

It's all what you want to believe. But I believe I saw over 100, 000 people peacefully protesting in Madison a couple of Saturdays ago. I believe that I saw 1000+ peaceful anti-Walker protestors at the Marathon Co. court house the other evening a week, while a dozen or so in gas guzzling vehicles drove around the block with their Walker signs plastered over their windows. I believe that most if not all of those "Can the Bill" protestors where local people. I believe that I saw several hundred people gather at the flag raising ceremony at the Greenheck field house last Friday early morn and I can bet they were all from the area around Wausau. To be fair, there was one Walker supporter. There were no trashed cities, flipped over cars, or fires. These protests were held after or before work or on weekends to accommodate all who wanted to be there. It's all what you want to believe.

Even if the protests are are held during non work hours (when ever that is) its still different when protesting is not your full time job.

metalman383

It was that big Saturday. I talked with one woman who was with with AFLCIO, and she said her group came on a bus from Chicago. She also stated that it was her 8th protest that week. Talked with a man that was bussed from Des Moine, really?? Sure, there were people from WI there, but ask them a few questions about why they were protesting, and they really didn't have any awnsers.

Big Dipper

Some of the "protesters" were even paid to be there.

The brother in law (a Chicago area resident) of one of my coworkers was paid by his union (NOT a WI public employee union) to go to Madistan to be part of the mob.

Last edited:

AaronS

If you are referring to that Saturday with over 100,000 people what does "a lot" mean. I only saw one or two people with a pro-walker sign and they were simply being ignored by the rest of the protestors.

I guess I just don't feel any need to go to Madison to anti-protest. You have to understand, the man I voted for won.
I stand with him 90% on this issue, as I would have made deeper cuts!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I guess I just don't feel any need to go to Madison to anti-protest. You have to understand, the man I voted for won.
I stand with him 90% on this issue, as I would have made deeper cuts!

Aaron , you rock !!! I agree 100% :)

Those so called civilized Protesters were calling & emailing Death Threats ? breaking in doors & windows ? being arrested and dragged out of the Capitol ? is this a mild preview of what will happen when the other entitled people stop getting their welfare checks & state aid ? This is why I stock pile. Those Lib Commies frighten me.

metalman383

As I sit in the middle of my 80 acres, with my 3 German Shepards, and enough supplies to keep my family safe, and comfortable, I thank God that I able to be where I am. FAR from Madtown!

1FASTC4

-Deleted attack based on weight. Keep to the high road, folks. -Gray

Why is it called a protest when everyone crawls thru closed windows(Capitol), but when you try it anywhere else; it's called breaking & entering?

If repubs were doing it, it would be B&E, vandalism, etc

Lurchiron

So now you are calling me untruthful? I reported observations. There was nothing untruthful about those observations. I didn't see any Chinese bowman on snowshoes/skis anyplace.

Sorry Grasshopper; wrong continent(China) & blood line...next time maybe, eh?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Personally, I find Walker to be reprehensible.

What possible justification can there have been for leaving police unions?

Those are the ones that actually need to go. And he leaves them alone! Police unions are one of the biggest conflicts of interests, and stalwart opponents to liberty, in the entire political system.

Ridiculous.

Lurchiron

Those are the ones that actually need to go. And he leaves them alone! Police unions are one of the biggest conflicts of interests, and stalwart opponents to liberty, in the entire political system.

Ridiculous.

When in Rome, buy some Goth's; to turn on Attila...oldest trick in the book.

And well played, is well...WON!!!

protias

Ridiculous.
Walker's full budget has not been released yet. This bill deals with the 2010-2011 (ends in June IIRC) budget.