• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our televised plaza event on democratic undergound!

ChiangShih

My favorite crazy libtard line out of all of the responses is in two parts:

Xenotime:
"This is getting out of control.
If this country wants to be respected in the world stage, they need to stop this kind of ****.
The fact of the matter is that we must give up some privileges. Because if we don't, we will undo everything President Obama is trying to accomplish in the world."

wow.

ChiangShih

A starbucks response letter to someone who wrote in about OCers

Hello Jazzhound,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.
I want to give you some insight into why we think this is the best approach for us to take.

As your comments demonstrate, there is genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws and we respect that. However, our long-standing approach to this issue has not changed. Like many national retailers, we comply with local laws in the communities we serve. That means abiding by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where such laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

However, recent events led us to take a hard look to see if we should change our approach. It was important that we examine it from the perspective of partner (employee) and customer safety. Our analysis and subsequent decision was based on years of experience and on insight from our store partners. We also consulted law enforcement for their views and will continue to do so.

In the end, we determined that following local laws is the best approach for us. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores. Although advocacy groups from both sides of this issue want to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions, we do not think our partners or our stores belong in the middle of this debate. We believe that the political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.

I hope you understand our rationale and will respect we have made this decision on principles in the interest of our people and customers. We will review our procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure the highest safety guidelines are in place and will continue to work closely with law enforcement. Sadly, we have had our own experiences with the tragedy of gun violence, and as such, are committed to do everything in our control to keep our people and customers safe.

It seems Starbucks misinterprets our patronage

afcarry

"Your disapproval is a given. The OC people seek to get people who are indifferent to or mildly supportive of the practice used to the idea of seeing groups of open carriers, well, drinking coffee and having political discussions. I'm sure the Brady Campaign would be happier if the OC people obliged them by engaging in shootouts or public racist rants, but so far it doesn't appear to have happened."

Sweeeeeeeet.

sohighlyunlikely

Starbucks

It seems Starbucks misinterprets our patronage

The way I read it. Starbucks still stays neutral on Open Carry and this letter was written as to calm an anti OC person who was complaining about OC.

Doc

starbucksbest.jpg

ChiangShih

The way I read it. Starbucks still stays neutral on Open Carry and this letter was written as to calm an anti OC person who was complaining about OC.

Doc
starbucksbest.jpg

This is what I was referring to:

Although advocacy groups from both sides of this issue want to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions, we do not think our partners or our stores belong in the middle of this debate.

I view patronage to Starbucks as a show of appreciation for their acceptance of local OC laws, not as a way to manipulate their standing for political gain.