Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Secret" Handshake.

McX

The "Secret" Handshake.

We need a secret handshake. The Mason's and Shriners got them. Some other elements of society too. A secret shake could be used to ferret out the legitimate Carriers, and a social break the ice thing too. Maybe we can teach it to the cops, so instead of dancing us, they can "shake", and go on, satisfied that they have had the priviledge of meeting a supporter, and fellow law abiding citizen. I leave it up to all of you what type of shake we arrive at.

Tap, Rack, Shake

I already have a secret handshake, but I can't tell you what it is. It's a secret.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Jumping hi-five, spin, and a moonwalk! Make sure you have a good retention holster!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

McX
    i suppose we should make it a left handed maneuver. We like each other, but not that damn much. Keeps the gun hand free. now to teach it to the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i suppose we should make it a left handed maneuver. We like each other, but not that damn much. Keeps the gun hand free. now to teach it to the cops.
    the whole idea of the handshake was to show that there was no weapon in the right hand (strong hand). An empty hand was thrust forward...

If you give someone your left hand in America, they'll wonder what you are planning. Left handed was also called sinister since when two armies met each other to discuss a truce, one officer would stab the other with his left hand as they shook with the right.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Haha. Stupid but i like it!

well,,,

i like this idea!

strong hand shake,, participants approach then place their weak hand
    gently toward their fire arm,
    reach out and grasp the fore arm of the BAD guy.
    yea, that could work!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Careful what you do with your left hand. In some countries it's used to wipe your ... well ... you know!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If you give someone your left hand in America, they'll wonder what you are planning.
    Unless you are a Boy Scout in uniform.

The same Scouts that taught me firearm safety, riflery, black powder...
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-10-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

We need a secret handshake. The Mason's and Shriners got them. Some other elements of society too. A secret shake could be used to ferret out the legitimate Carriers, and a social break the ice thing too. Maybe we can teach it to the cops, so instead of dancing us, they can "shake", and go on, satisfied that they have had the priviledge of meeting a supporter, and fellow law abiding citizen. I leave it up to all of you what type of shake we arrive at.

Left middle finger up, right forearm resting on gun butt; & a HOWDY!!!
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 03-10-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If you give someone your left hand in America, they'll wonder what you are planning. Left handed was also called sinister since when two armies met each other to discuss a truce, one officer would stab the other with his left hand as they shook with the right.
    Unfortunately, that's not why left handed is called sinister. Left handed is called sinister, because in Latin sinistera means left handed, just like dextram means right handed.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    im good with anything as long as it has at least one moonwalk and blow up fist bump and if there is room might i suggest a heavy metal devil horns
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Personally I am not a fan of the fist bump.

Too ofter I have to go digging for the many rare gems dislodged from my princely rings that become embedded in the knuckles of the unwashed.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

Too ofter I have to go digging for the many rare gems dislodged from my princely rings that become embedded in the knuckles of the unwashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKiYgcgBAY
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

It is said the people are revolting!

You said it. They stink on ice!

PULL!

p.s. awesome link.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-10-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

How 'bout: we look at eachother get a big ol' grin...then DRAW! oh wait, that might not be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    How 'bout: we look at eachother get a big ol' grin...then DRAW! oh wait, that might not be a good idea.
    i was actually thinking how about yelling "OH MY GOD HE/SHE HAS A GUN!" couse that probably wouldnt work either.

How about a simple "i'm your huckleberry" greeting

HaHAHA! love it! I taught my little brother whenever someone offers you their fist for the "dap" you are are supposed to punch it as hard as you can. Funny, especially as he's now 26 and still does it!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Unless you are a Boy Scout in uniform.

The same Scouts that taught me firearm safety, riflery, black powder...
    +1000 Boy Scouts is where I learned my things. And I hope to learn much more in participation as an adult.

A hand shake I think would help with the trust issue in LEO encounter

I second the tap, rack, and shake. Just don't have your gun in your hand when you do it!
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by xd40 neenah View Post
    +1000 Boy Scouts is where I learned my things. And I hope to learn much more in participation as an adult.

A hand shake I think would help with the trust issue in LEO encounter
    Remember, touching an officer in ANY way results in an 'assaulting an officer' charge, which is a felony. As far as the trust issue goes, if cops don't trust law abiding armed citizens, too bad. That is their problem, and it is not on us to pander to their insecurities/issues. Cops are not your friend, your counselor or your priest. Do not speak to them and whatever you do, DO NOT TOUCH A COP.

+1 on the Boy Scouts, though. I am an Eagle Scout, class of '92. Scouts made me the skilled camper and adventurous person I am. Scouts also introduced me to firearms.
    Last edited by bluehighways; 03-10-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehighways View Post
    Remember, touching an officer in ANY way results in an 'assaulting an officer' charge, which is a felony. As far as the trust issue goes, if cops don't trust law abiding armed citizens, too bad. That is their problem, and it is not on us to pander to their insecurities/issues. Cops are not your friend, your counselor or your priest. Do not speak to them and whatever you do, DO NOT TOUCH A COP.

+1 on the Boy Scouts, though. I am an Eagle Scout, class of '92. Scouts made me the skilled camper and adventurous person I am. Scouts also introduced me to firearms.
    I forgot to add the Eagle Scout part of mine too. I forgot about the whole assault thing...Some cops are ok with it though. But do you risk it? Individual preference I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast