• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "Secret" Handshake.

Carcharodon

Personally I am not a fan of the fist bump.

Too ofter I have to go digging for the many rare gems dislodged from my princely rings that become embedded in the knuckles of the unwashed.

:banghead:
HaHAHA! love it! I taught my little brother whenever someone offers you their fist for the "dap" you are are supposed to punch it as hard as you can. Funny, especially as he's now 26 and still does it!

xd40 neenah

Unless you are a Boy Scout in uniform.

The same Scouts that taught me firearm safety, riflery, black powder...

+1000 Boy Scouts is where I learned my things. And I hope to learn much more in participation as an adult.

A hand shake I think would help with the trust issue in LEO encounter

bluehighways

+1000 Boy Scouts is where I learned my things. And I hope to learn much more in participation as an adult.

A hand shake I think would help with the trust issue in LEO encounter

Remember, touching an officer in ANY way results in an 'assaulting an officer' charge, which is a felony. As far as the trust issue goes, if cops don't trust law abiding armed citizens, too bad. That is their problem, and it is not on us to pander to their insecurities/issues. Cops are not your friend, your counselor or your priest. Do not speak to them and whatever you do, DO NOT TOUCH A COP.

+1 on the Boy Scouts, though. I am an Eagle Scout, class of '92. Scouts made me the skilled camper and adventurous person I am. Scouts also introduced me to firearms.

Last edited:

xd40 neenah

Remember, touching an officer in ANY way results in an 'assaulting an officer' charge, which is a felony. As far as the trust issue goes, if cops don't trust law abiding armed citizens, too bad. That is their problem, and it is not on us to pander to their insecurities/issues. Cops are not your friend, your counselor or your priest. Do not speak to them and whatever you do, DO NOT TOUCH A COP.

+1 on the Boy Scouts, though. I am an Eagle Scout, class of '92. Scouts made me the skilled camper and adventurous person I am. Scouts also introduced me to firearms.

I forgot to add the Eagle Scout part of mine too. I forgot about the whole assault thing...Some cops are ok with it though. But do you risk it? Individual preference I guess.

Deek

How about a variation on the tap,rack and shake....... as you bring your hand up to shake, pretend to rack the slide and then continue with the shake. quick an' easy.