• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Setting up a OC event, what do i need to know!

DEA HEAT

Well since no body is stepping up to set up a OC event down south i'm doing it. What do i need to know to cover my butt?

~*'Phoenix'*~

Well, first you need to know that the police are going to show up.
I honestly have no idea what you should do for organizing it, besides making sure it's a camping or fishing event, but count me in if it's within an hour of Fort Lauderdale!

DEA HEAT

Well, first you need to know that the police are going to show up.
I honestly have no idea what you should do for organizing it, besides making sure it's a camping or fishing event, but count me in if it's within an hour of Fort Lauderdale!

Thanks yeah i know that one is a given. Its very close to Fort Lauderdale it will be at the Hillsboro Inlet under the bridge i'm guessing. I want to do it this Saturday but i think thats cutting it too close. I'm aiming for next weekend or the first of April. Us southerns have a lot of catching up to do!

http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Open-Carry/events/16860196/

Plus i have to test out my new rod!

Since there's no problems with us being in a park and they have benches and bathrooms and i used to fish there with my father, and it would bring back great memories i'm thinking there instead of under the bridge. Who know's maybe we can could cook what we catch! I believe they have grills there

http://wikimapia.org/4292935/Hillsboro-Inlet-Park

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

Sounds good. I couldn't make it this week, but maybe next or probably the following. Keep me informed!

Oh crap, I got to go buy ANOTHER lisence before I can legally carry :lol:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Hey at that link it says you must obtain your salt water fishing license. Well what if you wanted to have the event at a lake somewhere in central Florida?

I considered this. You'd need the freshwater license to fish in freshwater. The trick is finding a Lake that isn't Private Property, and isn't a Park with anti-firearms blankets.

I was booed into not doing it. But it is true, I'm quite the hot-head agitator when it comes to my basic human rights... So I conceded.

protect our rights

I considered this. You'd need the freshwater license to fish in freshwater. The trick is finding a Lake that isn't Private Property, and isn't a Park with anti-firearms blankets.

I was booed into not doing it. But it is true, I'm quite the hot-head agitator when it comes to my basic human rights... So I conceded.

All you would have to do is find a public fishing dock, right? I might be moving back this summer and was thinking of hosting an event in Central Florida area. Between Orlando Ocala.

protect our rights

Not quite, I host for Fort Myers events and they are on the Caloosahatchee River in brackish water!

Yeah, I think I was jumping to conclusions when I heard the cities these events were being held in. Tampa, Fort Myers, Jacksonville. All very close to the coast. Good to know though. Like I said earlier, when I move back I will start hosting these for around 10 ppl that I know of off hand, at a lake in Central Florida.