• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

possible Columbia meet up

Big Boy

Alright, I just got here about two weeks and am getting settled in. (just got the internet back yesterday in fact)

Who else is around the Columbia area and would be up for a meet and greet?

Last edited:

Big Boy

Huh?

If you are asking where when and how about the meeting that would be determined as soon as any one showed interest. I'm basically looking for other people who OC in Columbia.

mspgunner

Huh?

If you are asking where when and how about the meeting that would be determined as soon as any one showed interest. I'm basically looking for other people who OC in Columbia.

I thought about doing apicnic in the STL area. We really don't have enough OC people here to make it happen. If this happens in Columbia I would sure be interested. Perhaps more fromthis area would make the trek as well.

Big Boy

Me and three other people started the meets in KC. Now it has grown to an average of around 20 people at each meet. Looking to eventually get the same thing going here in Columbia. (Just moved here). We have to start somewhere.

You have to start small. I will meet with any individual who is interested. Any one who wants to meet up, grab lunch, coffee, or whatever, and support our 2A right at the same time, let me know and we will work out a time and place.

ChiangShih

I'd love to help ya get the ball rolling, but gas is going to have to come down before I drive to Columbia, lol. Most of the 2A guys I know (and meets) I've been to in Columbia were CCW. You could even try posting on MissouriCarry.com about a Columbia OC/CCW meetif you're brave.

MK

I live almost an hour south of Columbia, a little ways past Jefferson City. I've OC'd in Columbia when I go there and when my visit isn't school or city park related.

Over the next month and a half I have two trips out of state planned and will probably be using every available out of the house moment outdoors morel mushroom hunting. I carry all the time while out mushroom hunting in some of the large public tracts of lands outside of Columbia.

I would be interested in attending a get together but it would depend on a few things as to whether I would make it or not if it were to happen before the first week of May.

mspgunner

I'd love to help ya get the ball rolling, but gas is going to have to come down before I drive to Columbia, lol. Most of the 2A guys I know (and meets) I've been to in Columbia were CCW. You could even try posting on MissouriCarry.com about a Columbia OC/CCW meetif you're brave.

As you know MSSA folks for the most part are not real big on OC. Here in the STL area we get only 6 or 8 (on a good day) to come out for the OC events. DOC can peak to this better than I. When we have an OC event I personally invite 40-60 potential Facebook freinds. To date none have shown. OH YES "I SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT", they say.But they won't give the time of day to do anything positive... Just talk unless you actually show up to any pro-2A events.

Big Boy

MK let me know if you're ever in the area and want to meet up. Just shoot me a pm.

Big Boy

I know I've seen people on here asking questions about Columbia before. Where'd everybody go?

Festus_Hagen

I know I've seen people on here asking questions about Columbia before. Where'd everybody go?

I'm not from Columbia, but Jeff City. I'm not against a meeting, but I'm not wanting to put on a display or anything.

If you come this way, we could go to the Shooters Club and do some shooting as well.

Big Boy

It's not a display. People meet up and get coffee or something to eat. Same thing we started up in
KC

Misplaced Texan

I live about 20 miles east of Columbia. I don't get to the city very often, too busy, but when I do I carry everywhere we go. Well, except for the mall. Might be interested in a meet if I could fit it in. We don't carry to educate just to protect and defend our family, but we don't shy away when asked about why we carry.

xdmcompact

Will be in Fulton Visiting family the 1st thru the 3rd, and attending the Columbia Gun Show. Anyone interested in meeting at or after the gun show I would be up for it. Just let me know. Info on show should be on the calender but posted it below.

Boone County Fairgrounds

5212 North Oakland Gravel Road

300 Tables

$61.00 EA

$51.00 EA Prepaid

Show Dates:

April 1-3

June 24-26

Show Hours:

Friday 5pm-9pm

Saturday: 9am - 5pm

Sunday: 9am - 3pm

Dealer Set-up Hours:

Friday: Noon - 8pm

Saturday: 7:30am - 9am

Last edited:

Big Boy

LastResort and xdmcompact would you guys be up for meeting this Saturday or Sunday?

xdmcompact

LastResort and xdmcompact would you guys be up for meeting this Saturday or Sunday?

I will be at the show Saturday morning, have family plans the rest of the day Saturday. Might be able to get away for a little on Sunday. Let me know what you have in mind.

StevenSTL

Depending on the time, I would consider making the drive from St. Louis for a Columbia meet-up. I went to Mizzou and have many friends who still live in Columbia. I'm about due for a visit.