• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carrying extra clips?

Josh Tanner

i usually carry an extra clip or two on the opposite side of my belt due to the fact that my sidearm only holds eight. when wearing my extra mags, do i have to keep them in plain sight or can my t-shirt hang down over them? any info would be appreciated. there really isnt any part of the law that refers to magazines.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If their is no part of a law that references the question, then there is your answer.

No law = not illegal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know of any type of handgun that utilize clips. Mags yes, but not clips.

No law, no obligation......

Well let's see there's the Mauser C96 that uses clips.

And the full moon, half moon and third moon clips still in use today in many revolvers.

Gotta remember to never say never. :lol:

PT111

Well let's see there's the Mauser C96 that uses clips.

And the full moon, half moon and third moon clips still in use today in many revolvers.

Gotta remember to never say never. :lol:

That is why I prefer the term "Ammo Thingy". That covers any type ammo holder. :banana:

Hef

i usually carry an extra clip or two on the opposite side of my belt due to the fact that my sidearm only holds eight. when wearing my extra mags, do i have to keep them in plain sight or can my t-shirt hang down over them? any info would be appreciated. there really isnt any part of the law that refers to magazines.

Are you carrying a Garand?

Seriously, I understand. I carry a 1911 with 3 8-round mags and 1 in the chamber. I keep the 2 extra magazines in a pouch on my weak side hip. The law is silent on whether you need to keep mags visible, so do as you please.

Mas49.56

When you open carry your Mauser broomhandle, do you prefer 30 Mauser or 9mm in your stripper clips?:lol:

zekester

I carry a G36....and a two clip holster on the opposite side...but I only carry one clip...the other is my digital recorder..

Hope I never need more rounds, other wise I will just have to say...."Can I record you shooting me?"

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
You can never carry too few magazines

I always have four magazines on my belt although I am contemplating the 8 magazine carrier attached cos it's awesome !!

Attachments

• 4pack[1].jpg
    4pack[1].jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 107

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

You can never carry too few magazines

I always have four magazines on my belt although I am contemplating the 8 magazine carrier attached cos it's awesome !!

May we presume that you meant "Can never have too many magazines"?

zack991

thereisadifference2.jpg