Thread: Woman stubs toe and calls for ambulance.

Woman stubs toe and calls for ambulance.

Maybe it was broken? I have a pretty high pain threshold but when I broke my toe that was the worst pain ever. Even worse than when I had skin dripping off of my hand from a flash burn.

I'm not really defending her. That's ridiculous!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Maybe it was broken? I have a pretty high pain threshold but when I broke my toe that was the worst pain ever. Even worse than when I had skin dripping off of my hand from a flash burn.

I'm not really defending her. That's ridiculous!
    I've stubbed thousands of toes. I've broken one--and I knew it!

I started yelling, "I broke my ****ing toe! I broke my ****ing toe!" My son (4 yo) burst into the bathroom, where my wife was bathing, and announced, "Daddy broke his ****ing toe!"

A stubbed toe hurts like the dickens for about five minutes and then subsides to an annoying ache. A broken toe hurts like a dozen dickens, and keeps hurting until you take drugs. Neither requires an ambulance. One requires a visit to an acute care clinic just so you can get a scrip for the good stuff. That's all they can really do about a broken toe.

Thank eye. I was lol. Sorry to laugh at your pain but the thing about your four year old was funny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Thank eye. I was lol. Sorry to laugh at your pain but the thing about your four year old was funny.
    I couldn't laugh at the pain then, but the incident has brought more joy than pain over the years.

I broke a toe (middle one) once while I was in the Army. I was in my room in the barracks, cleaning before an inspection. It was warm weather and I was barefoot. Walked around the end of my bed and accidentally hit my foot against my footlocker. I knew it was broken because I heard it crack. It hurt and felt numb at the same time. I was stationed at a hospital base (Fitzsimmons, just outside Denver) so I limped on over to the hospital. The xray confirmed I had a hairline fracture. They taped it to the toe next to it and put a steel splint in the sole of my shoe so I couldn't flex that foot. Seems it took about 6 weeks to heal; hard to heal moving parts! Only broken bone I have ever had.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Wow. Around here, the ambulance ride would have made that an $800 toe. Let's hope she's paying for that out of her own pocket, instead of ours.

I accidentally slammed my pinkie into the doorjamb last Monday . Definately at least a hairline fracture, possible chip, but unlikely. I took a Naprosyn, soaked it in cold water, and splinted it to my ring finger. Typing hurts, and I'm at about half rate.

Ambulance? Please. If it's hurting more next week than it hurt this week, I'l make an office visit. Increasing redness, etc.

The only bone I every actually broke (more than a hairline fracture) was my collarbone, back in 7th grade, via a bicycle accident. It was shattered. I rode home, told my mom, took a showever (I was very muddy) and we went to the doctor's office. (shrugs)
    Last edited by since9; 03-13-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    I have no doubt that a government bureaucrat would determine that a stubbed toe would be disabling and painful enough to warrant rapid transport to the doctor which the "insurance" company would be required to fund. OTOH, if you are 63 and need a heart transplant, not only would the same bureaucrat deny transport, he would say that you have lived long enough and that a transplant would be a waste of medical resources that would be better applied elsewhere, such as on stubbed toes.