Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Adams county non resident LTCF

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    29

    Adams county non resident LTCF

    How long is the wait for Adams county to issue non resident license? I understand that Centre County is fast but issues paper only. According to the website Adams County issues plastic. Any suggestions? I will be vacationing in Gettysburg this summer. I hold a CWP for the state of SC but require a Pa license to carry in my neighboring state of Georgia.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    771
    You don't say where you are...but you are aware that you would have to apply in person?

    Also, some counties don't follow the law and will not issue to non residents. But if they say they won't, push the issue. make them follow the law. :-)

  3. #3
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    I thought that all counties were going to be required to issue plastic DL-sized LTCF cards under some new law in PA. It was supposed to take effect in 2010, but many of the more rural (and poorer) counties protested and got the conversion deadline extended.

    I was told by Center Co in the summer of 2010 that they were going to be converted over to the new card system by 2012. My PA LTCF is up for renewal in 2015, and they told me that when I renew--because the new cards will ALL require a photo--that I needed to renew in person so they could take a photo...

    So does anyone know what the REAL scoop is on the permit format change deadline? I looked online, but couldn't find anything definite.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 03-11-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  4. #4
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    You could also get a Utah permit which would cover you in Georgia
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I thought that all counties were going to be required to issue plastic DL-sized LTCF cards under some new law in PA. It was supposed to take effect in 2010, but many of the more rural (and poorer) counties protested and got the conversion deadline extended.

    I was told by Center Co in the summer of 2010 that they were going to be converted over to the new card system by 2012. My PA LTCF is up for renewal in 2015, and they told me that when I renew--because the new cards will ALL require a photo--that I needed to renew in person so they could take a photo...

    So does anyone know what the REAL scoop is on the permit format change deadline? I looked online, but couldn't find anything definite.

    Centre County will no longer process mail in apps after March 31, 2011.


    The issuing of new format had to be switched over as of May 2011. It seems that pretty all have already switched over.


    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    You could also get a Utah permit which would cover you in Georgia
    Or Arizona ;-)

  6. #6
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Now that I received my paper LTCF from Centre County. Will there be an issue with me folding it and having it laminated?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Now that I received my paper LTCF from Centre County. Will there be an issue with me folding it and having it laminated?
    No issue at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •