Thread: Adams county non resident LTCF

Adams county non resident LTCF

How long is the wait for Adams county to issue non resident license? I understand that Centre County is fast but issues paper only. According to the website Adams County issues plastic. Any suggestions? I will be vacationing in Gettysburg this summer. I hold a CWP for the state of SC but require a Pa license to carry in my neighboring state of Georgia.

You don't say where you are...but you are aware that you would have to apply in person?

Also, some counties don't follow the law and will not issue to non residents. But if they say they won't, push the issue. make them follow the law. :-)

I thought that all counties were going to be required to issue plastic DL-sized LTCF cards under some new law in PA. It was supposed to take effect in 2010, but many of the more rural (and poorer) counties protested and got the conversion deadline extended.

I was told by Center Co in the summer of 2010 that they were going to be converted over to the new card system by 2012. My PA LTCF is up for renewal in 2015, and they told me that when I renew--because the new cards will ALL require a photo--that I needed to renew in person so they could take a photo...

So does anyone know what the REAL scoop is on the permit format change deadline? I looked online, but couldn't find anything definite.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 03-11-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    You could also get a Utah permit which would cover you in Georgia
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I thought that all counties were going to be required to issue plastic DL-sized LTCF cards under some new law in PA. It was supposed to take effect in 2010, but many of the more rural (and poorer) counties protested and got the conversion deadline extended.

I was told by Center Co in the summer of 2010 that they were going to be converted over to the new card system by 2012. My PA LTCF is up for renewal in 2015, and they told me that when I renew--because the new cards will ALL require a photo--that I needed to renew in person so they could take a photo...

So does anyone know what the REAL scoop is on the permit format change deadline? I looked online, but couldn't find anything definite.

Centre County will no longer process mail in apps after March 31, 2011.

The issuing of new format had to be switched over as of May 2011. It seems that pretty all have already switched over.

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    You could also get a Utah permit which would cover you in Georgia
    Or Arizona ;-)

Now that I received my paper LTCF from Centre County. Will there be an issue with me folding it and having it laminated?

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Now that I received my paper LTCF from Centre County. Will there be an issue with me folding it and having it laminated?
    No issue at all.