• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adams county non resident LTCF

bed92186

How long is the wait for Adams county to issue non resident license? I understand that Centre County is fast but issues paper only. According to the website Adams County issues plastic. Any suggestions? I will be vacationing in Gettysburg this summer. I hold a CWP for the state of SC but require a Pa license to carry in my neighboring state of Georgia.

mrjam2jab

You don't say where you are...but you are aware that you would have to apply in person?

Also, some counties don't follow the law and will not issue to non residents. But if they say they won't, push the issue. make them follow the law. :)

Dreamer

I thought that all counties were going to be required to issue plastic DL-sized LTCF cards under some new law in PA. It was supposed to take effect in 2010, but many of the more rural (and poorer) counties protested and got the conversion deadline extended.

I was told by Center Co in the summer of 2010 that they were going to be converted over to the new card system by 2012. My PA LTCF is up for renewal in 2015, and they told me that when I renew--because the new cards will ALL require a photo--that I needed to renew in person so they could take a photo...

So does anyone know what the REAL scoop is on the permit format change deadline? I looked online, but couldn't find anything definite.

Last edited:

mrjam2jab

I thought that all counties were going to be required to issue plastic DL-sized LTCF cards under some new law in PA. It was supposed to take effect in 2010, but many of the more rural (and poorer) counties protested and got the conversion deadline extended.

I was told by Center Co in the summer of 2010 that they were going to be converted over to the new card system by 2012. My PA LTCF is up for renewal in 2015, and they told me that when I renew--because the new cards will ALL require a photo--that I needed to renew in person so they could take a photo...

So does anyone know what the REAL scoop is on the permit format change deadline? I looked online, but couldn't find anything definite.

Centre County will no longer process mail in apps after March 31, 2011.

The issuing of new format had to be switched over as of May 2011. It seems that pretty all have already switched over.

You could also get a Utah permit which would cover you in Georgia

Or Arizona ;-)