• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange Crest Meet Up In Riverside?

vindicated

I think calling businesses out of the blue is harmful, because all they will focus on is someone asking if its okay if you bring a gun. This is an invitation to say no. Worse, is that if they are particularly hostile to the concept of gun ownership, they may promote their no guns policy in the form of a sign.
If you go in and enjoy their establishment as a solo open carrier and demonstrate that nothing bad happens when you pay them money for their goods and services, that it might be okay to take more money from gun owners. After you have made your presence known with a couple of successful visits, ask them if you can reserve space for your 'friends'.

You should be planning on contingencies every time you open carry- so if one place tells you to leave, you can always fall back to a new location.

Great info. Thank you.