Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HB 1205 Now in the Senate

HB 1205 Now in the Senate

03/10/2011 Introduced In Senate - Assigned to State, Veterans & Military Affairs

As of yesterday it has been introduced.
    Step one - Get passed the Committee

Call, e-mail, show up. Preferably all three.
    Start with the Senators that are on the committee.

any updates???

It's scheduled to be heard 3/22 (Tues).

Members of the Senate State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee:

ROLLIE HEATH -- D (Chair)
    District 18
    Capitol Phone: 303-866-4872
    E-Mail: rollie.heath.senate@state.co.us

BOB BACON -- D (Vice Chair)
    District 14
    Capitol Phone: 303-866-4841
    E-mail: bob.bacon.senate@state.co.us

BETTY BOYD -- D
    President Pro Tempore
    District 21
    Capitol Phone: 303-866-4857
    E-mail: betty.boyd.senate@state.co.us

BILL CADMAN -- R (co-sponsor)
    Assistant Minority Leader
    District 10
    Capitol Phone: 303-866-2737
    E-mail: bill.cadman.senate@state.co.us

KEVIN GRANTHAM -- R (co-sponsor)
    District 2
    Capitol Phone: 303-866-4877
    E-Mail: kevin.grantham.senate@state.co.us

CAPITOL MAILING ADDRESS
    Colorado State Capitol
    200 E. Colfax
    Denver CO 80203

Senate Calendar:
    http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLI...chamber=Senate

Bill info:
    http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...e?OpenFrameSet

Why only five? I was informed by my Senator that committees require even numbers of representatives from each party.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

does anyone think Hickenlooper would sign this into law?

To answer that, how many of you would consider voting for him in the next election if he did sign off on Constitutional Carry?

Any idea what time that hearing will be? Which class will I have to skip I wonder?

Would Hick sign it... If it passes the Senate I think he would.
    He likes to go along to get along if he can.
    Would it make me vote for him? It would make me reconsider not voting for him.

Phone calls have led me to believe it should actually pass out of committee. Passing the Senate as a whole will be a challenge though.

Keep calling!

Quote Originally Posted by Brass View Post
    To answer that, how many of you would consider voting for him in the next election if he did sign off on Constitutional Carry?
    Hopefully I will be in Colorado when this next becomes an option.

Gun rights are a major indicator to me of where a politician stands. If one believes in gun rights then they believe in personal responsibility and constitutional duty.

If he governs with this view, and the candidate that opposes him has less of a rights minded record then yes, yes I would.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Would it make me vote for him? It would make me reconsider not voting for him.
    +1

I still wouldn't vote for him, but I may send him a thank you e-mail for listening to the people of Colorado, unlike that pos ritter.

I would hope the Gov would sign it and not think he is better than the rest of the legislature. I won't say one issue will make or break my vote, but this one carries a lot of weight. If it passes I won't need a thigh rig to carry in the winter!

I called the Capitol staff person for the committee. Unfortunately, there's no definite time for them to start. They're scheduled to start "upon adjournment"--i.e., whenever the Senate as a whole gets done.

There's a party caucus scheduled for Noon; so whatever gets done has to be done by then. The staff person is guessing that the committee will convene about 10:00, but she said it could be 9:30. So anybody who goes tomorrow should plan to clear security by 9:30.

Here's a map of the Capitol.
    http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true

The North entrance on Colfax is the public entrance. The committee meeting room is SCR 356.

Bad news:

"Senate: Postpone indefinitely HB11-1205, Concealed Handgun Exception. Passed 3-2."

Looks like it got PI'd. It was a partisan vote (of course).
    Last edited by entartet17; 03-22-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

I went up and spoke on behalf of the bill. One thing that kind of upset me was that Sen. Heath said that in his opinion, it's not too much to ask for people to get a CCW. And I had pointed in, both in my testimony today and in previous correspondence, that some people can't easily afford the fee. I guess Sen. Heath doesn't think that poor people deserve the same degree of self-defense that other people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer22 View Post
    I went up and spoke on behalf of the bill. One thing that kind of upset me was that Sen. Heath said that in his opinion, it's not too much to ask for people to get a CCW. And I had pointed in, both in my testimony today and in previous correspondence, that some people can't easily afford the fee. I guess Sen. Heath doesn't think that poor people deserve the same degree of self-defense that other people do.
    If you can't afford to defend yourself, you should just hire an armed bodyguard... I do.

Insert sarcasm here.

What can you expect from a ******* democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by entartet17 View Post
    Bad news:

"Senate: Postpone indefinitely HB11-1205, Concealed Handgun Exception. Passed 3-2."

Looks like it got PI'd. It was a partisan vote (of course).
    Damn, I knew I couldn't trust them to do something right while I was out of town.

The State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee is the designated kill-a-bill committee.

Part of our legislative process is the power of the one who can assign the bill in order to kill it. His vote is more powerful than everyone else together.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    The State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee is the designated kill-a-bill committee.

Part of our legislative process is the power of the one who can assign the bill in order to kill it. His vote is more powerful than everyone else together.
    It must be nice to be a little more equal than others eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Who was "the one?" Time to vote him out of office. "Tabled indefinately?"
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Who was "the one?"
    I think that would be Senate Majority Leader John Morse (D-Colorado Springs). A former police chief, very anti-2A, whom the voters of his district seem to love. He was the one who championed the law that restricted Colorado reciprocity to residents of the reciprocal states.

http://coloradosenate.org/home/featu...ce-in-colorado
    Last edited by Anubis; 03-23-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Did anyone who was there actually point out that it is our RIGHT to carry as we see fit, and that the Bill of Rights declares that it SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED? If this was a talk of *****-footing around compromise and 'people can't afford the fees', etc., then the supporters of the bill missed the point. Missed the mark.

Next step is for someone to be charged with a misdemeanor and take it to the Supreme Court. The time is right for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ooghost1oo View Post
    Next step is for someone to be charged with a misdemeanor and take it to the Supreme Court. The time is right for something like that.
    Is that a volunteer I see there in the audience?

Quote Originally Posted by ooghost1oo View Post
    Did anyone who was there actually point out that it is our RIGHT to carry as we see fit, and that the Bill of Rights declares that it SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED?
    Oops. Cause I'll bet they ain't ever heard that before. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Dang. If only you'd been there to make that statement. I can just see the applause and calls for order and the committee falling over eachother to end debate and call the question. And the opposition would spend the rest of their careers apologizing for not knowing what the meaning of the word "is" is.They'd make Mr. Smith Goes to Washington 2: The Reckoning out of that story. *sigh* And the kingdom was lost for the few wise words of a prophet.

Not trying to be mean-spirited. Just that the real work needs more than bumberstickerisms.

About what I expected

What else can we expect from a GOD d**** democrat and make a point of the RAT

Colorado Slick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast