• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

At Work...?????

jpm84092

I was not going to post on this thread because I no longer live in WI, but decided to anyway.

I carry concealed at work, but it is an "open secret". The President of the firm jokingly refers to me as the "Director of Employee Personal Security".

IcrewUH60

From what I understand, if it's private property (which I'm guessing it is) you would need the owner's permission to OC. If you get the OK, then great.

Krusty

I work in factory and company policy states no weapons, no ammunition and no explosives. One day I was talking to my new supervisor when I inadvertently pulled 2 or 3 rounds of .357 out of my pocket. He got me a copy of the policy and simply stated he didn't want to see ammunition in the plant again. He was very polite about it.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I work in factory and company policy states no weapons, no ammunition and no explosives. One day I was talking to my new supervisor when I inadvertently pulled 2 or 3 rounds of .357 out of my pocket. He got me a copy of the policy and simply stated he didn't want to see ammunition in the plant again. He was very polite about it.

"Well, ya know those things could just go off by themselves and kill someone" Pfhhhh!

CalicoJack10

I am also disqualified from this too, But I carry (concealed) and I encourage my employees to also carry concealed when at work.
Customers are welcome to carry in any legal manner.

I am disqualified also, but I have to admit, that I have carried at Nutczak's business also. Matter of fact, I have scared a couple questionable characters from out of town (or so I was hinted) while I was carrying there.

As of this point I am not sure if it was my Mohawk or the gun. :dude:

1FASTC4

I am also disqualified from this too, But I carry (concealed) and I encourage my employees to also carry concealed when at work.
Customers are welcome to carry in any legal manner.

I carried illegally in your place. No disrespect intended. I didn't know you had this rule. I apologize. Sure liked that sandwich , though. :)