Thread: Earthquake/Tsunami

Earthquake/Tsunami

My thoughts and deepest prayers go out to the people of Japan.

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/wor...quake/#slide=1
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

My thoughts and prayers are also with the Japanese people. Every now and then something happens that is bigger than guns and OC. From the reports and pictures, the survivors seem to be calm. I have not read of any lawlessnes, looting, etc. like what went on in New Orleans with hurricane Katrina.

I live in western Washington state, a very earthquake prone place. The Cascades are nothing more than a string of volcanoes which are far from dead. The geologists here keep finding more faults all the time. Seattle is built on fill, not solid ground. Someday we could have an earthquake and tsunami just as deadly as the ones that hit Japan. I pray for the Japanese people and I pray for those of us who live here that it never happens here.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I live in western Washington state, a very earthquake prone place. The Cascades are nothing more than a string of volcanoes which are far from dead. The geologists here keep finding more faults all the time. Seattle is built on fill, not solid ground. Someday we could have an earthquake and tsunami just as deadly as the ones that hit Japan.
    Among the more terrifying five minutes of my life involved a giant vhttp://www.americansignal.com/applic...oice-solutionsoice-announced evacuation while on vacation in Cannon Beach, OR. At first I blamed my ex for rocking the bed to wake me up. Then I heard the water sloshing out of the toilet, followed a minute later by this reverberating "WARNING! THIS IS A TSUNAMI WAVE WARNING! FLEE TO HIGHER GROUND IMMEDIATELY!"

Gee! Talk about adrenalin rush! We followed a police car doing 50+ in a 25 zone through town. I honest thought he was going to arrest me when we stopped and go out at the rally point half way up the mountain, but he just smiled and said, "Some ride, eh?"

I pray for the Japanese people and I pray for those of us who live here that it never happens here.
    Same. It appears they were largely well-prepared. Then again, that country is no stranger to earthquakes.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.