• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

ApacheBunny

Hey guys, just joined two days ago and never got around to doing this, I am 21 and I bought my first handgun about 3 weeks ago (not my first handgun that I own) and want to get into OCing but wanna study up a lot first. Also I was wondering if there are any OCers in the Colfax/Pullman area to get advice from so I can grow some balls and come out with a holstered gun.

Last edited:

ApacheBunny

Yeah it started with me carrying it around the house and my property out here in the sticks in my homemade molded retention holster, Today i decided to head to the gas station for milk and butter lol. I dont see many OCers around this area though.

Last edited:

ApacheBunny

It's kind of hard to miss when you drive to Pullman from Spokane since the highway intersects the town, my house is just right next to 195 a mile north of Steptoe, I am sure you all have passed it dozens of times lol. and I believe its more around 50+ people scattered around, maybe more.

Last edited:

Thor80

Welcome Apache! Its well said already. Small steps, stay informed and calm if "confronted". But you'll be surprised how easy it becomes in time. Print off some of the "Washington Gun Rights" flyers from the sticky thread, they contain the most pertinent RCW's and its handy to have on you to refer to and/or hand out to curious folks. I've turned from curious to OC most of the time in about a month/month and a half. Like was said come on up sometime to hang out, good group of guys here!

-Thor

ApacheBunny

Yeah I'll bring my wife along for the next meet, she isn't 21 yet so I wonder if she is allowed to shoot under supervision like it matters out here in the sticks, for her 21st birthday gonna sneak a Beretta 90 Two or 96a1 in with the presents in .40 since she loves the round.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Yeah I'll bring my wife along for the next meet, she isn't 21 yet so I wonder if she is allowed to shoot under supervision like it matters out here in the sticks, for her 21st birthday gonna sneak a Beretta 90 Two or 96a1 in with the presents in .40 since she loves the round.

Talk to GreenisFaster, he's done extensive research into all the areas and chances where she can even open carry, if you are engaged in certain activities.

ApacheBunny

well you see she is still in Immigration status since she is from Belgium, we are heading up to USCIS for a routine finger printing then give info for her green card, then when she gets that the same laws apply as if she was born here from what I have read, plus we only have on handgun atm since my grandma sold off all my inherited handguns. I would open carry today but I am going to the PD in Colfax and I don't wanna risk an incident for just trying to get an application to work there.

Last edited:

ApacheBunny

yeah but the cops here know me as a trouble maker and hanging with a bad crowd in my younger days, never convicted never did anything serious to be arrested so it will be like walking on egg shells with them til I talk it through with them about OC.

golddigger14s

Activist Member

There may be age restrictions for OC/CC, but any age can shoot. My 13 year old son after shooting my Hi-Point 9mm Carbine the first time has now claimed it as "his".

Thor80

There may be age restrictions for OC/CC, but any age can shoot. My 13 year old son after shooting my Hi-Point 9mm Carbine the first time has now claimed it as "his".

I'll second that, this morning my brother-in-law, neice and I went out to put some rounds through our new guns. (CZ 75 P-07 Duty for me and a Sig Pro 2022 for him, both in 9mm.) My niece put about 30 rounds through my Sig Mosquito and she's 8... :D No age limit against shooting, but like was said there is for carrying/buying. M1Gunr posted in the Eastern WA OC thread about that when I misspoke about the age of "purchasing" a handgun. She can actually "own" a handgun already. Here's the quote.

Incorrect. You can purchase a pistol at the age of 18 from a private seller here in Washington just not from a FFL. The problem is that as an 18yo you have use the exception clauses in RCW 9.41.060 under RCW 9.41.042, 9.41.050. As its currently written a person at least eighteen years of age, but less than twenty-one years of age, may possess a pistol only:
(1) In the person's place of abode;
(2) At the person's fixed place of business; or
(3) On real property under his or her control.

RCW 9.41.060 allows several exemptions for those 18-21.

You can read my info posted at the Spokane Gun Trader site:
http://www.spokaneguntrader.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7605&p=43617

-Thor

John Hardin

Welcome Apache! Its well said already. Small steps, stay informed and calm if "confronted". But you'll be surprised how easy it becomes in time. Print off some of the "Washington Gun Rights" flyers from the sticky thread, they contain the most pertinent RCW's and its handy to have on you to refer to and/or hand out to curious folks.

Good advice.

Also seriously consider getting a digital voice recorder so that you can record any negative encounters with law enforcement officers, or record situations where you are confronted or are involved in responding to a crime or potential crime (assuming you have time to turn it on).