• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings from Port Orchard ...

jessicasdad

New member here in the Seattle metro area. Carrying a Springfield XD Service 45, usually in a Milt Sparks VM2 IWB . Really just want to make sure I do everything right carrying both openly and concealed and follow ALL the rules ...

Special thanks to Malachite for kicking me in the head and reminding me this site is out here !!!!!

j2l3

Several guys in your area that can meet with you if you want. If in Seattle itself, let me know and we can grab coffee or lunch and talk.

Welcome to OCDO, where the info is free, the sarcasm is plentiful and the facts are straight.

Best to read the FAQ's at the top of the page. That will answer most of your questions at first.

A great group of people who will always tell you the truth when it comes to open carry.

o2ryan

Welcome from across he state. OC is a lifestyle that you will soon become accustomed to if you are not careful.:D

Get connected with some locals as soon as you can. Before you know it, you will be encouraging some newbie about how SOP it is to OC in and around your neighborhood.

jessicasdad

Thanks for the welcome guys ... been a little busy lately. In addition to work and everything else .. I am also the VP for the Puget Sound Chapter of BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) http://WWW.http://bacaworld.org/ ...

1911er .. would really like to hookup some time ... and get the details on OC ... right now CC my XD Service 45 ....

plus have 4 kids at home ... so "free time" is a bit of a luxury that I don't see too often. But I am pretty easy to spot if I am on the bike, 2003 Honda RC51 with my BACA vest on.

fire suppressor

Welcome to OCDO, where the info is free, the sarcasm is plentiful and the facts are straight.
I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Welcome! If your loking for a great place to find information on open carry your definitely in the right place. I joined almost four years ago when I bought my first handgun. Like many until I friend told me about this site I thought open carry was illegal. The more involved I got with the site the more I liked it and decided to stay.Take your time read through some of the past threads or just speak up and ask your question we have all been the new guy at some point. Open carrying can be intimidating at first so don't feel like you have to rush into anything, take small baby steps to gain some confidence. The more you open carry even if its just a small part of your day the easier it gets.