Thread: Only trouble Makers OPEN CARRY!!! Berlin, CT Police Comission Minutes June 2010

Only trouble Makers OPEN CARRY!!! Berlin, CT Police Comission Minutes June 2010

Exert from th Berlin, CT PD Police Comission Minutes listed on the Berlin Town Web Site PAGE 3 of 10 Paragraph #3:::: June 16, 2010 minutes::

"Mr. GOOD CITIZEN stated that he would like to know what type of training Police Officers and Disbatchers had with carrying firearms in the open. Commissioner Peters stated that it was legal to carry a gun openly in public; however, he would not do it. He stated that any average citizen seeing someone carrying a gun in the open that wasn't wearing a badge would be: nervous and that a prudent person wouldn't carry openly unless they were looking for trouble„ "

What do you got to say about that opencarry.org U bunch of trouble Makers, SOUND OFF
    Last edited by Good Citizen; 03-11-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Bwahahaha!

My girlfriend works in Berlin...... I should do it just to see if I get silver looking bracelets or not.

Also...... maybe they are thinking this is Berlin BEFORE the wall came down.... dunno.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Now that's just sad.

Founder's Club Member
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Banned
    Most real troublemakers conceal...illegaly

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Or, go into government.

Enforce Written Law, we dont care about your opinions!

The Police Comission Minutes are clear, the Chairman Comissioner stated for the record "OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL", & reconized that fact, then goes on to assert his opinion. I dont care about his opinion, he is there to enforce the laws as written by Legislature. This would be a very PRUDENT peice of evidance if any OC'ers were arrested in Berlin! A reconication of the law then a bias asseration, that is not even relevant, it defently shows Bias on behalf of the Managment of the Berlin Police Department if anyone were arrested, especially if used in civial court where the burden of proof is lower! This paragraph in the minutes may just be what you need, because of another overzelous asseration made by one of the head paperwork pushers......!

If it makes you feel any better, they got their ass handed to 'em at the last BFPE hearing.

The Chief brought all kinds of BS in paperwork, a detective from New Britain and such, had a 4 hour hearing just for their case and BANG. Permit was granted back to the appellant.

Was nice to see the system work for a deserving citizen.

Forgot the case, but you can check it out on the BFPE website.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

If I were looking for trouble, I'd be carrying a darn sight more than just a puny pistol.

At least he admitted that it was legal to carry openly.

humm prudent people wouldn't carry openly.but,,but,,but i'm not a prude

Quote Originally Posted by Good Citizen View Post
    and that a prudent person wouldn't carry openly unless they were looking for trouble„
    Am I the only one who takes this as a threat? That surely feels like a threat and a challenge.

Wouldn't a prudent person advise a commissioner against such negative comments to law abiding citizens?
    Last edited by Rich B; 03-19-2011 at 01:21 PM.

What's wrong with a troublemaker?
    "Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I agree with Stainless wholeheartedly
    My opinion is that ...the real trouble makers that I've been observing are
    uneducated unarmed patrons with the notion that a Permit Holder does
    not know how to use their Pistols correctly.

People also fear Pistols in general...
    whether it be on the hip of an LEO or Regular Armed Citizen

I see many more citizens practicing at the range than officers. Outside of qualifying and such.

And, many citizens actually attend and get better training privately.

Either way, I don't care about what some ninny has to say. I just follow the law - period. If an officer doesn't like it, so be it. I'ma gonna do what I'ma gonna do!

Jonathan