• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only trouble Makers OPEN CARRY!!! Berlin, CT Police Comission Minutes June 2010

Good Citizen

:shocker:Exert from th Berlin, CT PD Police Comission Minutes listed on the Berlin Town Web Site PAGE 3 of 10 Paragraph #3:::: June 16, 2010 minutes::

"Mr. GOOD CITIZEN stated that he would like to know what type of training Police Officers and Disbatchers had with carrying firearms in the open. Commissioner Peters stated that it was legal to carry a gun openly in public; however, he would not do it. He stated that any average citizen seeing someone carrying a gun in the open that wasn't wearing a badge would be: nervous and that a prudent person wouldn't carry openly unless they were looking for trouble„ :banghead:"

:banana:What do you got to say about that opencarry.org U bunch of trouble Makers, SOUND OFF:banana:​

Last edited:

KIX

Bwahahaha!

My girlfriend works in Berlin...... I should do it just to see if I get silver looking bracelets or not.

Also...... maybe they are thinking this is Berlin BEFORE the wall came down.... dunno.

Jonathan

Good Citizen

Enforce Written Law, we dont care about your opinions!

The Police Comission Minutes are clear, the Chairman Comissioner stated for the record "OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL", & reconized that fact, then goes on to assert his opinion.:banghead: I dont care about his opinion, he is there to enforce the laws as written by Legislature. This would be a very PRUDENT peice of evidance if any OC'ers were arrested in Berlin! A reconication of the law then a bias asseration, that is not even relevant, it defently shows Bias on behalf of the Managment of the Berlin Police Department if anyone were arrested, especially if used in civial court where the burden of proof is lower! This paragraph in the minutes may just be what you need, because of another overzelous asseration made by one of the head paperwork pushers......!

KIX

If it makes you feel any better, they got their ass handed to 'em at the last BFPE hearing.

The Chief brought all kinds of BS in paperwork, a detective from New Britain and such, had a 4 hour hearing just for their case and BANG. Permit was granted back to the appellant.

Was nice to see the system work for a deserving citizen.

Forgot the case, but you can check it out on the BFPE website.

Jonathan

emsjeep

What's wrong with a troublemaker?
images

S.Officer

Most real troublemakers conceal...illegaly

:dude: I agree with Stainless wholeheartedly
My opinion is that ...the real trouble makers that I've been observing are
uneducated unarmed patrons with the notion that a Permit Holder does
not know how to use their Pistols correctly.

People also fear Pistols in general...
whether it be on the hip of an LEO or Regular Armed Citizen

KIX

I see many more citizens practicing at the range than officers. Outside of qualifying and such.

And, many citizens actually attend and get better training privately.

Either way, I don't care about what some ninny has to say. I just follow the law - period. If an officer doesn't like it, so be it. I'ma gonna do what I'ma gonna do!

Jonathan