• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting notary requirements on some towns found in my suitability study

KIX

All,

The suitability study is going well. A few of you have been getting me current and copies of some older documents from the past couple of years. It is interesting to see who observed the comments of the BFPE last January and made proper changes.

I'm thinking of adding a slight twist to the notary issues.

I've seen towns that say the notary needs to have a raised seal and one town says the notary needs to list a phone number. Now, I know you don't need the embossed seal for a legit notarized document (I am a notary). And I've NEVER been asked to provide a phone number before (I know it isn't required".

So, I'm debating contacting the towns and asking them as a notary to change the requirement on their forms or I may file a complaint with the Secretary of the State's office for adding extra notary requirements where they don't have the authority.

Opinions?

Jonathan

Good Citizen

Let Them Know they work for you!

All,

So, I'm debating contacting the towns and asking them as a notary to change the requirement on their forms or I may file a complaint with the Secretary of the State's office for adding extra notary requirements where they don't have the authority.

Opinions?

Jonathan

John,
The prosiding Legal paper pusher for the town needs to know they are not following the Law, BY ALL MEANS LET THEM KNOW, that there is no legal Basis for an emboss or a phone number. In CT the Signature is the acknoledgment. If they dont respond to the law file a complaint at the Secretary of the States Office, to get there attention.

If you got hired a Police officer your job is to enforce the Law as directed by State Legislature's, and the court system, the day you decide your a "know it all" & too egotistical to aknoledge you don't know everything you need to be checked and challenged, & put back in your place, as a PUBLIC SERVANT!​

KIX

Yep, all it needs is my signature and denotation of "notary public, my commission expires" and the date.

Don't get me wrong, I have an embosser, but I'm sick of them saying we are making trouble when the pot/kettle/black syndrome shows they are trying to create their own laws.

I had no embossed seal on my permit and they indeed rose a stink about it. When I mentioned what was legal, and I'm a notary, they finally accepted my permit.

Silly towns...... they forgot they are supposed to work for us, not be our adversaries.

Jonathan