• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A question for everyone

HolyOrangeJuice

So today i went in to the social security office in wis. rapids to request a new card and i see a lot of overly huge no firearm signs all over some with writing underneath that had reference to a statue.

I have read up on the laws of OC in wisconsin over the last few months or so and i understand we cannot OC in government buildings but the reason for this post was can a security guard OC in there? While we were getting paperwork done a security guard (definitely not a cop) came out from the back and sat in a desk by the waiting area. He was armed openly and i was wondering if they are exempt from the law to carry in there?

CalicoJack10

laws allow for law enforcement officers or security personnel while they are in the process of discharging their duties.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Every Social Security office has Armed Security on site. I think Wackenhut Protective services has the Federal Contract. They are the same company that provides security for Area 51 they are authorized to use lethal force.

Last edited:

anmut

And the real reason you can't have a firearm in state or federal buildings: It's makes the job of riding them out on a rail that much more difficult.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
It sure is amazing how things have changed, this country was designed so the government would fear the citizens, but that has flipped to the exact opposite of our founders grand design. I hope I live to see the day when the government again fears the citizens, and it stays that way.

MKEgal

Nutczak said:
I hope I live to see the day when the government again fears the citizens, and it stays that way.
I'll be happy with the "it's a good start" of getting criminals to fear citizens.
There's some overlap between the criminal class & the political class...