• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post a Picture of your self with your Pistola...Say Cheese

CalicoJack10

Does shooting clays with a pistola count?

DSC01436.jpg

jpm84092

Shooting Flying Clays With A Pistol. WAY COOL

I have always wanted to try shooting flying clays with a pistol. I shot a few last week that were stationary while I was participating in a timed moving tactical shoot. It is hard enough to hit one of those little 4 inch buggers at 25 yards while on the move, I expect it would take some real good pistol marksmanship to hit one flying through the air at 35 - 50 yards.

When the exercises were over the instructor marveled at how many of my "misses" were actually a hit just below the target and onto the metal rods supporting the target holder. (I mangled a few holders). Breath control on the move takes a lot of practice and I will have to work on that.

Thus, if you can hit flying clays with a pistol, you are a better marksman than I Sir, and I tip my hat to you.

CalicoJack10

:) Sure IF YOU ABLE TO HIT 25 out of 25

With that gun I was adveraging about 15 out of 25, with my 1911, I get about 20 out of 25, but I will be practicing with my USP compact .40, and that makes things a lot tougher. So if that is the case I will try this pic:

3shotPistol75Yard-1.jpg

:dude:

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

I was joking, If I was able to hit 5 flying in the air 4 " disc's I would be happy. 15-20 is freeking outstanding !

I personally see that as merely acceptable. You wanna see outstanding you see the surgery I perform with a tactical rifle. My favorite target is a dime at 150+ yards.

LongRangeAR2.jpg

Yes, that is a tactical precision AR, and yes, that is 2 rounds into a dime.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I personally see that as merely acceptable. You wanna see outstanding you see the surgery I perform with a tactical rifle. My favorite target is a dime at 150+ yards.

LongRangeAR2.jpg

Nice work. I'll be calling on you the next time I'm attacked at a hundred yards by a dime.

anmut

LongRangeAR2.jpg

Impressive! Tell us more about that scope and that sunshade.. :)

anmut

I've tried clays thrown from my spring loaded with my .22 pistol but two things came to me right away. 1) Even if you hit one it doesn't shatter like when shot hits it & 2) shooting a bullet at a flying target usually puts your aim at the 45 degree and up and over a back stop. That's a lot of little lead responsibilities landing somewhere beyond the shooting range...