• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons just changed forever

irish52084

That's actually a really weak laser compared to some you can buy. There's one that cost about $3000, but it can pierce steel up to 3/8 if I remember correctly. It has adjustments for a tight focused beam for penetrating steel or all the way down to a very short range that will explode air!
Here's a link to the article I read about it and a bunch of other odd things. Don't be mislead by the word marijuana in the link or title, it;s talking about crazy things that are more legal than marijuana.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18732_6-things-you-wont-believe-are-more-legal-than-marijuana.html

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Alright, I have to get the guy to give my plans for this.

I would totally OC this in California. :lol: Even if it is just a toy.

Last edited:

ABNinfantryman

That's actually a really weak laser compared to some you can buy. There's one that cost about $3000, but it can pierce steel up to 3/8 if I remember correctly. It has adjustments for a tight focused beam for penetrating steel or all the way down to a very short range that will explode air!
Here's a link to the article I read about it and a bunch of other odd things. Don't be mislead by the word marijuana in the link or title, it;s talking about crazy things that are more legal than marijuana.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18732_6-things-you-wont-believe-are-more-legal-than-marijuana.html

OK, that was hilarious! "Your Escalade might look gangster, but it takes an RPG like a little bi***" had me rolling on the floor.

irish52084

since9

Campaign Veteran
Functional laser pulse weapon, made at home.

I use something similar. It sports a percussion-initiated chemically powered photon pulse ignition system which excites high-binding energy molecules into a cascading chain photonic release of energies high in the thermal bands. The resulting superheated gases apply tremendous force (35,000 psi) against a copper-clad lead projectile as it's accelerated down a 4-3/4" rifled, hardened steel tube to nearly 1,000 mph.

It does *a tad* more than pop bullets and put pinholes into thin sheets of styrofoam.

Last edited:

RooksGambit

Meh. Lasers have been cool like that for a while now. They're already weaponized and are getting smaller and more efficient all the time.

Wake me up when we have a man portable rail/coil/gausgun. Then I'll sit up and pay attention.

:D