Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Picnic/Get Togeather 8/13

Open Carry Picnic/Get Togeather 8/13

Ok so an idea that was brought up at the last starbucks get togeather in delavan was a BBQ and seems to have a lot of interest so i am willing to spear head this and see if we can do it in a park in delavan so that families could bring their kids to play on the playground and all that fun stuff. Through some investigation as to not look like an idiot by setting it up near a school (gonna have to get city permission for it either way) i have found one that should work if there is truly interest. I know its a long time out but was thinking Aug, 13th if that works as that is a sat. and should give everyone time to plan for it. Again this is tenative at this point as i still need to get all the proper requirements and such taken care of. I would like to do this as a potluck style thing (everyone bring something to share) that way the cost is lower for everyone. What i need to know before i go any further is who would be interested in this. Also anyone who would be willing to help with any of the details would be more than welcome to. So for now i sit awaiting thoughts/suggestions.

I'll be there.
    Last edited by gunguy2009; 03-12-2011 at 05:29 PM.

I have no other plans currently.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Little far ahead for me to commit right now but I will keep that date in mind.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I would attend for sure. The sooner the better (weather permitting). I would also be willing to help out.

Keep me posted as to when you need any help.

Outdoorsman

I'm in.

McX
    we do summer.
    Last edited by McX; 03-12-2011 at 10:34 PM.

I can set that weekend aside for such a get together.

ok since in such a short time i have had a positive response i will be calling on Tues. to see what all info i need to get this set up in stone. I also want to thank Outdoorsman for the offer to help it will be needed. The park i am gonna try to get it set up for is Phoenix Park in Delavan WI. They have a nice playground there and a genreous green area. Again anyone who can help out I would not refuse. I will keep everyone updated with any new info.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    I'd love to go, but that weekend and the following won't work for us - we're putting on a motorcycle event in Caledonia. Don't change the date just on my account, though. Whatever works for most people.

On the other hand, I tend to agree with Outdoorsman - the sooner the better. Or maybe in July, around the 4th - make it a Freedom Picnic!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Caledonia, Caledonia, what makes your big head so hard? HUH! (it's an old song)

I'd come up for that.

I'd be interested in attending, and am willing to help as able from this far away.
    AFAIK now, I have no commitments then.
    I like the idea that it's across from the (friendly) police station. Definitely invite them, even if they can't contribute to the potluck.

Also, your post would be easier to read with some breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I'd be interested in attending, and am willing to help as able from this far away.
    AFAIK now, I have no commitments then.
    I like the idea that it's across from the (friendly) police station. Definitely invite them, even if they can't contribute to the potluck.

Also, your post would be easier to read with some breaks.
    OK I will let you know of any way you can help out .

lol couldnt resist.

and i will definitely invite them to come on over.

Update:

We have park dept. permission to use park it will not be exclusive use so any one else will be allowed in the park as well.

Also as a side note they do have a concert at the band shell in the park the same day in early evening for those who wanted to stay for it

I also contacted police dept. about use of the bathrooms due to them being in a building
    I was told that is not a problem and that the capt. wanted to double check about the firearms in a city park (shouldnt be a problem)

I also informed the Capt. that any officer who would like to come over are more than welcome and he seemed very receptive to the idea.

In a nutshell we have full permission and although i do not for see any issues any that do come up i was told to contact him directly and he would make sure said officers were correctly informed

The park is Phoenix Park in Delavan WI for those that want to map it.

Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post
    I also contacted police dept. about use of the bathrooms due to them being in a building
    I was told that is not a problem and that the capt. wanted to double check about the firearms in a city park (shouldnt be a problem)
    Even if there is a law prohibiting firearms in the park, it is unenforceable due to preemption and should be taken off the books.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

He doesn't think there is one but wanted to just check because in his words "I know You guys meet in town and never cause any problems. I would rather make sure you didnt get snaged by some old buried law."

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post
    He doesn't think there is one but wanted to just check because in his words "I know You guys meet in town and never cause any problems. I would rather make sure you didnt get snaged by some old buried law."
    I am 99% sure that I checked a year or so ago already and found none.

i was pretty sure you had Paul but i figured will as nice as he was being about everything and as supportive as he was being that i would let him look if it made him and the park dist. feel better as when i called that was the park dist.'s concern....

By the way hope you have alot of you flyers cause this could prove to be a great chance to educate the public.

Thumbs up Second update

Capt. Hansen call me today to inform me that we are all clear to use the park and all areas within the park including bathrooms with no problems. He did want to remind me no alcohol which i assured him would not be an issue.

So now that this is a go... I would like to ask that anyone who can bring a folding table for food to sit on to let me know as the park has only 2 or 3 picnic tables.... Along with this i would recommend bringing lawn chairs or a blanket for seating.

Anyone who would like to see the location and lend any ideas they may have for the picnic i welcome those ideas and will be at the next delavan starbucks get togeather and would be wiling to take the short drive to the park with those individuals.. just let me know.

Interested in getting involved

I am new to OC but I would be really interested in helping or something. I am all in for trying to get Wisconsin better gun laws then we have now. I know August is a ways off but please keep me in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gazambo View Post
    I am new to OC but I would be really interested in helping or something. I am all in for trying to get Wisconsin better gun laws then we have now. I know August is a ways off but please keep me in mind.
    Welcome
    The good news is you don't have to wait till August
    There will be a meet and greet at the Delavan Starbucks a week from Sunday (the first Sunday of each month) from1:00 to 3:00 If you can make it.
    Last edited by oldschool; 03-25-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazambo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Welcome
    The good news is you don't have to wait till August
    There will be a meet and greet at the Delavan Starbucks a week from Sunday (the first Sunday of each month) from1:00 to 3:00 If you can make it.
    Even sooner is Lizzy's in Kansasville tonight.

I just saw the thread. I'm interested! I'm in delavan and may be able to help a well. Capt hanson is a good guy. He used to be the high schools leizan officer and was always fun and personable.
    Last edited by Passive101; 04-03-2011 at 11:01 AM.

all are welcome passive and any help is welcome as well. As we get closer i will let those willing to help know what help is needed.

Still on?

Is this still a go? I have not seen any recent comments, but I am definitely interested although I cannot commit at this early of a date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast