• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Picnic/Get Togeather 8/13

oldschool

I am new to OC but I would be really interested in helping or something. I am all in for trying to get Wisconsin better gun laws then we have now. I know August is a ways off but please keep me in mind. :eek:

Welcome
The good news is you don't have to wait till August
There will be a meet and greet at the Delavan Starbucks a week from Sunday (the first Sunday of each month) from1:00 to 3:00 If you can make it.

Last edited:

protias

I am new to OC but I would be really interested in helping or something. I am all in for trying to get Wisconsin better gun laws then we have now. I know August is a ways off but please keep me in mind. :eek:

Welcome
The good news is you don't have to wait till August
There will be a meet and greet at the Delavan Starbucks a week from Sunday (the first Sunday of each month) from1:00 to 3:00 If you can make it.
Even sooner is Lizzy's in Kansasville tonight. ;)

Passive101

I just saw the thread. I'm interested! I'm in delavan and may be able to help a well. Capt hanson is a good guy. He used to be the high schools leizan officer and was always fun and personable.

Last edited:

civilwarguy

all are welcome passive and any help is welcome as well. As we get closer i will let those willing to help know what help is needed.

jharding32

Still on?

Is this still a go? I have not seen any recent comments, but I am definitely interested although I cannot commit at this early of a date.

civilwarguy

Yes this still a go. A few of us have been throwing around some ideas for activities and such. As the date gets closer we will be letting out more details, as of right now the plan is potluck style and everyone will need to bring their own chairs or blanket to sit on. And of course family is welcome there is a playground for the younger ones

civilwarguy

Update

Ok sill a go. I drove by yesterday and i discovered they have added a few picnic tables so thats a plus. If anyone who can make it for sure could let me know that would be great so we can start figuring out who is bringing what for dishes. Also it was throw around at a meet and greet and liked among those there so anyone who is comming and has games like bags or washer toss or lasso golf that you could bring please let me know.

Thanks for all your help and Carry on

MKEgal

One thing we haven't discussed yet is time.
I propose this be a noon-til-you-get-eaten-by-mosquitos come-when-you-can event.
As for what to bring??
I make a salad that's a meal in itself, great for hot weather.
(Couscous, chick peas, tomatos, parsley, cucumber, feta, olives... all sorts of yummy stuff.)

civilwarguy

One thing we haven't discussed yet is time.
I propose this be a noon-til-you-get-eaten-by-mosquitos come-when-you-can event.
As for what to bring??
I make a salad that's a meal in itself, great for hot weather.
(Couscous, chick peas, tomatos, parsley, cucumber, feta, olives... all sorts of yummy stuff.)
I will be out there around 10am to start making sure everything is set up and what not so noon on is fine with me and also there is a concert in the same park that night at the bandshell and we have been told we are welcome to stay for that if we want.

civilwarguy

Head Count

Three weeks to go and we need a for sure head count.

To recap the picnic will be August 13. I recently began working 12 hour shifts on the weekends. For my time schedule because I work till noon it would be best to start the picnic around 1 or 1:30. There is also a concert at the band shell later that evening at 7:00pm for those interested.

I need to know the number of people who are attending what everyone is bringing for the potluck.

civilwarguy- Taco dip with chips
pink_vibrations- Fruit salad
MKEgal- Couscous salad
rcawdor57 and family- unknown
davegran & wife-Deviled eggs
Paul and wife- 10 pounds of Johnsonville brats

This is everyone who has confirmed for sure. If you were missed or would like to make it out please notify me ASAP.

Last edited:

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Not going to make it to this one. Wife is going nuclear because we haven't been up to the cabin in Tomahawk nearly as much as she thinks we should, so we're going up there that weekend.

Enjoy the day!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Aerial picture of park

Here is Phoenix Park and surrounding area from Google Earth. Can we park on the side streets?

106n2w4.jpg

civilwarguy

Here is Phoenix Park and surrounding area from Google Earth. Can we park on the side streets?

106n2w4.jpg

yes you can park on side streets That area of town is all curbside parking just watch to make sure there is no handicap spot they have a few of them there

MKEgal

re: where to park
Once you find the park on Google maps, you can tell it "find nearby" & type in "school".
Anything closer than .2 mile needs to be evaluated & probably avoided.

ETA: I find it highly annoying & belittling that we had to ask permission from the Chief of Police in order to be allowed to use the restrooms in a public park.

Last edited:

civilwarguy

OK just one last check did i miss anyone who is coming for sure? and those that havent said what dish your bringing if you could let me know that would be helpful...... As a side note i will be there about 1ish due to work and i wont be able to stay much later than 4ish as i have to visit Dam Road for my new carry piece. (MCX i got my 1911 he he)