Thread: Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International Evidence

Hudsonville , Michigan, USA

Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International Evidence

Found this today and thought I'd post it here for your reading pleasure...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Taylor, Wayne County, Michigan, USA

Thumbs up Great read Doc!

Thanks for posting. Just confirms what all common sense people in this country already know.

- G9OS

Mulligan's Valley
    I've only read about quarter of it so far, but I think I can sum it up for them, and much faster.

Q- Will banning guns reduce murder?

A- Not when someone goes to home depot and uses US government issue plans to make their own zip guns, or perhaps gets more elaborate than that and machines their own guns, and even then that is only if we pretend that the black market could be shut down.

Q- Will banning guns reduce suicide?

A- Not when someone slits their wrists, hangs themselves, OD's on advil and JD, drives their car off a cliff, electricutes themselves, jumps on a moving table saw blade or runs their car in their closed garage until they suffocate.
    Last edited by Michigander; 03-13-2011 at 10:19 AM.
    The most important lesson I have learned from my time in the freedom movement and further studying it is that trying to create an organization without preventing the issues caused by narcissistic sociopaths and democracy is a lot like heading to sea in a sieve. It'll never work.

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.