Thread: UOC At Balboa Park in San Diego

UOC At Balboa Park in San Diego

Has anyone UOC in BAlboa Park in San Diego. IF so can you share your story?

Ryan
    ‎"Suppose you were a congressman. Now,suppose you were an idiot. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain

Thought about it, nearly did it, was stopped by the fact that not only is a school close by but there is a (still illegal) law that says "no" to carry in parks.

balboa park

Thats right its a state Park....Thanks for the reminder
    ‎"Suppose you were a congressman. Now,suppose you were an idiot. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by hazard274 View Post
    Thats right its a state Park....Thanks for the reminder
    Balboa Park is not a State Park, though it appears someone seems to be privy to a local 'no firearms' ordinance.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

city park?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

My Bad

I need to check if you can OC in a city Park. Let me know if you got the answer. I am going to look it up now....

Thumbs up

§63.08
    Possession of Firearms and Other Devices in Parks and Open Space Areas
    No persons other than those persons specifically authorized by law or City permit so
    to do, shall use, possess, transport, carry, fire, or discharge any fireworks, firearm, air
    gun, archery device, slingshot or explosive of any kind across, on, or into any City
    park or designated open space area. “Designated open space area” for the purpose of
    this section shall mean those open space lands owned by the City and described in
    that document on file in the office of the City Clerk as Document No. 17082. The
    City Manager shall have the authority to add open space areas to said document as
    open space areas are acquired by the City.

In addition, no persons shall participate in activities utilizing laserscope–equipped
    guns or devices in any City park or designated open space area. For the purpose of
    this section, “activities” shall mean war games in which two or more persons
    participate, and “war games” shall mean any activity where one person attempts to
    strike another person with a laser light. For the purpose of this section “laserscope”
    means a portable battery–powered device capable of being attached to a firearm and
    capable of projecting a laser light on objects at a distance.

This section shall not be applicable to the extent any portion of a City park or
    designated open space area has been officially set aside or authorized for use by the
    public or any individual for any of the above prohibited uses.

With regard to, and only with regard to, unloaded firearms, unloaded air guns,
    laserscope–equipped guns or devices, archery devices and slingshots, a violation of
    this provision shall constitute an infraction with punishment as defined in Section
    12.0201 of this Code. All other violations of this section shall constitute a
    misdemeanor and be punishable as set forth in Section 12.0201 of this Code.
    (Amended 2–22–1994 by O–18035 N.S.)
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.