• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question regarding CCing...

Locklear

Not sure where CC topics go, so I decided to just post this here. Move it if you'd like.

My question is while CCing in an IWB holster, what are the chances of the gun just going off on it's own? This may seem like a ridiculous question, but my carry piece is a S&W Sigma .40. Those familiar with it will know that like a Glock, is has no thumb safety, just a trigger safety. Trigger gets pulled, it goes bang.

I only ask because due to the fact I wear tight clothing and walk around generally being sexy as hell, the only way I can CC my gun is in my front waist band, setting the barrel pointing directly at my right testicle... The thought of a .40 round tearing through my manhood is extremely unnerving.

I've been getting a lot more comfortable with my gun lately, and have no problem with having a round in the chamber and am confident that the gun wont just go off... But can I stake my manhood on it?

Also, how exactly do the internal safeties work?

Last edited:

flb_78

If you're not comfortable with carrying that particular firearm, get a different one. I have yet to shoot myself carrying concealed or openly.

HeroHog

It will NEVER "go off on its own" EVER! Someone or something will HAVE to pull that trigger. It is up to you, as the one in control of that gun, to insure that does not happen.

Last edited:

Alude904

I can only cc here in florida and ive carried on my front n back. Im not a big guy and am also the type of guy who likes to wear clothes that fit so with that being said ive never had a problem and neither should you as long as your holstering, you do it carefully and keep your shirt or anything else out of the way while doing so. I carry front or back and obviously, carrying in the front is easier to holster. As far as when its in the hokster, it wont go off as long as the holster is protecting the trigger gaurd.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Also, how exactly do the internal safeties work?

Depends on the make and model. Mine has two. The first is a 6-lb trigger pull, and the second is a firing pin lock which isn't disabled until the trigger is pulled to nearly its full extension.

By the way, instead of getting a different firearm, explore your holster options, instead. Much cheaper. Since safety is your primary concern, consider a holster that fully encloses the trigger area and one with a thumb break strap behind the hammer.

Locklear

Thanks guys. I've been doing a lot of research and it seems everyone's saying the same thing. The gun will only go off when you pull the trigger. The holster I have now is an IWB Uncle Mike's soft holster that covers the trigger. I emptied my weapon and put it in the holster and tried my hardest to pull the trigger through the soft holster. Wasn't able to, so I'm definitely feeling confident it wont just go off haha