• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The don't-bump-the-[s-word]-threads thread was locked.

eye95

It was reasonable that it was locked. The [s-word] was used a lot in that thread and, apparently, triggered an excessive amount of work for the mods.

However, the thread worked remarkably well. Many [s-word] threads came and went with nary a response.

This morning, a [s-word]er decided to grace us with threads selling cars. I immediately went to bump the don't-bump-the-[s-word]-threads thread, only to find it locked--reasonably so. I responded to another post and returned to the main index, only to find that the [s-word] thread had been bumped!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I wish there were a way to remind folks not to bump these threads (even with well-intentioned criticism of the despicable practice) without creating new problems for the mods.

Oh well.

VW_Factor

Use the report post button.

From experience. The forum will email the moderator of the said section immediate to review to the post. (Although these forum settings can be adjusted, its usually not a good idea).

Report post, and done.

eye95

Use the report post button.

From experience. The forum will email the moderator of the said section immediate to review to the post. (Although these forum settings can be adjusted, its usually not a good idea).

Report post, and done.

Yeah. That.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It was reasonable that it was locked. The [s-word] was used a lot in that thread and, apparently, triggered an excessive amount of work for the mods.

Can someone explain how merely using the word "sp@m" makes work for the mods?

I mean, I seriously hope their method of sp@m detection doesn't revolve around filtering for the word "sp@m".

Last edited:

Gunslinger

I thought I gave my opinion of spam clearly enough: I hate it. I don't care what kind of sauce you put on it, it still tastes like roadkill.

END_THE_FED

Can someone explain how merely using the word "spam" makes work for the mods?

I mean, I seriously hope their method of spam detection doesn't revolve around filtering for the word "spam".

I think, when the word sp@m is used in a post more than a few times it is detected/flagged automatically and a mod has to review it.

The mod who locked the other thread did leave a brief explanation, in relevant part it reads;

"Reference to the word "sp@m" draws the attention of internal controls,
so please refrain from regular use of that term i.e. as in this thread."

Last edited: