Thread: Open access to 4473 by FBI

Open access to 4473 by FBI

This has come to my attention this morning and I think it is something that we all need to get on top of as soon as possible.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/03/11/w...-confiscation/
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

There is about to be...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Letter to my Congresman has been sent.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

They've been coercing this data for decades... I worked for a dealer for several years. The ATF demanded, under threat of losing his license, that he use their logbook software and give them copies of the data every quarter.

I have since never met an FFL who didn't comply with the same.

The registry has been around for a long damn time.

this is part of our partiot act that they just extended!everyone should be enraged and outraged to have this provision in it!pretty much,if people don`t wake up and start complaining;it will continue to be a part of the so called patriot act.

Continuing saga of how we lost our freedom

Just one more reason for me to stay eternally pissed off. This sort of privacy invasion is totally out of control. Just waiting for the next thing.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

I have long considered the fact that 4473s even exist as de facto gun registration. law or no law, as soon as the government wants to know who has the guns, what are they gonna do? They're going to run around to all the gun shops and collect those records - assuming they don't have them already. This is why I try not to buy my firearms from dealers. I do have some, however, that were purchased from dealers so in the end it probably won't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Reeser View Post
    I have long considered the fact that 4473s even exist as de facto gun registration. law or no law, as soon as the government wants to know who has the guns, what are they gonna do? They're going to run around to all the gun shops and collect those records - assuming they don't have them already. This is why I try not to buy my firearms from dealers. I do have some, however, that were purchased from dealers so in the end it probably won't make any difference.
    That reminds me of the scene in Red Dawn where the Cuban commander tell his troops to go to the gun shops and get all the 4473 forms, and then instructs the troops to pick up all the guns.
    Last edited by Rattrapper; 04-08-2011 at 10:14 PM.

thank you to Montana And Georgia for enacting the Firearm Freedom act

Quote Originally Posted by Rattrapper View Post
    That reminds me of the scene in Red Dawn where the Cuban commander tell his troops to go to the gun shops and get all the 4473 forms, and then instructs the troops to pick up all the guns.
    Exactly, I thought of the same thing.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

I once had someone suggest to me that running an ad in the newspaper for those particular weapons purchased at a dealer, saving a copy of the ad as proof, and if ever asked if I was still in posession, state that it was sold by means of cash. End of trail.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
    I once had someone suggest to me that running an ad in the newspaper for those particular weapons purchased at a dealer, saving a copy of the ad as proof, and if ever asked if I was still in posession, state that it was sold by means of cash. End of trail.
    And you just blew ANY CHANCE of it working.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Got the following response from Patty Murray:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Murray
    Dear Mr. Anderson:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001, commonly called the USA PATRIOT Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this important subject.

Following the attacks of September 11th, Congress passed the USA PATRIOT Act, which provided law enforcement with numerous new capabilities, including greater investigative powers and stronger prosecution methods. Importantly, this legislation also contained a sunset clause that requires Congress to revisit the USA PATRIOT Act from time to time.

I have voted against subsequent versions of the USA PATRIOT Act, because they continued to give too much power to the Administration without meaningful judicial review. Most recently, in February 2011, I voted against extending three expiring provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act. Despite my objections, Congress passed a three-month extension and will again take up the USA PATRIOT Act in May 2011. Rest assured, I will continue to scrutinize any efforts to expand on the USA PATRIOT Act and the Administration's use of the powers under this bill. While I am committed to giving our intelligence professionals the legitimate tools they need to make America more secure, we must remain vigilant to ensure that neither legislation nor the Administration's actions strip Americans of our fundamental liberties. Our country is a symbol of liberty and freedom because of the rights we guarantee to all citizens. If we limit those rights in an effort to improve our security, we lose far more than any terrorist could take from us.

Again, thank you for contacting me. As the 112th Congress moves forward, I will keep your views in mind.

Sincerely,

Patty Murray
    United States Senator
    "If you don't want to be shorn, don't be sheep!"

I don't know if you are aware, But when a gunshop closes the 4473 forms are sent to ATF to be archived. Thus you have registration.

God bless private party sells

Quote Originally Posted by therealcombat View Post
    Got the following response from Patty Murray
    Wow! I haven't talked with Patty in decades! Glad to hear she's still a straight-shooter.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Isnt this what ahppend in london, they built up a national registry so they know who had them then abnned them all together
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

All of this means nothing. Watch this.

*knock knock*

ATF - we are hear to collect these firearms purchased here on these 4473 forms.

You - I sold them at gun shows to strangers who were eligible to own them in accordance with the law. No paperwork required, no paperwork done.

/conversation

Quote Originally Posted by schlitz View Post
    all of this means nothing. Watch this.

*knock knock*

atf - we are hear to collect these firearms purchased here on these 4473 forms.

You - i sold them at gun shows to strangers who were eligible to own them in accordance with the law. No paperwork required, no paperwork done.

/conversation
    lmao!
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Exclamation Our Government??

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government increases - liberty decreases." Borrowed from Scott Thanx

This is supposed to be OUR Government it is amassing how the Greed has progressed into convincing the sheeple that they are being protected, and taken care of (interesting how many felt that they would be given everything as soon as BHO got office, and how many would fight you to the death if you even mention repealing the Obama health bill, not even realizing the little bit of health care they receive is just a precursor to LOSING all of it in the near future) OUR Government is becoming Our Master right in front of our eyes.

+++++++++++ 1

Quote Originally Posted by INSPGAD View Post
    This is supposed to be OUR Government it is amassing how the Greed has progressed into convincing the sheeple...
    Fortunately, only the sheeple. Many were not only not convinced, but they saw right through the smoke and mirrors Obama and his cronies erected to funnel billions into big business i.e. those at the top would get rich at everyone else's expense.

Seriously, that's the real issue: American politics have become a feeding ground for those trying to get rich or stay rich. GMC pays no taxes because of a handy little loophole? Who does that benefit? The GMC plant worker? The American taxpayer? Nope. Just the fat cats at the top and the politicians who either created the loophole or who're allowing it to remain open.

Same goes for Obamacare.

...OUR Government is becoming Our Master right in front of our eyes.
    One solution is to move overseas and renounce your citizenship. If I did that I'd still have to pay taxes on my gov't pension, but I wouldn't have to pay taxes on whatever I made overseas.

I think that's one reason Tina Turner lives in France.