Thread: wife may be coming around

wife may be coming around

Last weekend the wife,kids,and me went to go eat, so as usual I tempted to go ahead and put the XD on my hip.Well that usually causes her to well, lets just say, not like the OC thing. Yesterday, with a new gun and holster, I made the comment that we needed to go eat where they dont serve alch. She didnt blink an eye,never said a word and had a good meal while OC.BTW the last w eekend I did end up OCing without one more word from her.This is all good news for me. She has gone once in a while before, but is much more at ease when I conceal.

It'll come in time. Soon, all that tax money you think you'll be using for your new gun will suddenly be diverted to her new gun. Then you know yer good to go.

But, then you have to find ways to justify you getting new stuff as opposed to her. I'll suggest stashing a little cash here and there when you can and using that to get what you want behind her back.

She's doing the same thing to you anyway. You know this.

Think it's the no-alcohol restaurant suggestion that changed her, or she just getting used to it?

My wife was always NO GUNS... PERIOD....... Well A couple of years ago I decided to start stashing cash and just buy 2 guns for us just give it to her for x-mas... I never told her anything about it..... Well I got two PPPs and was about to buy the guns... 2 weeks before I bought them she texts me at work saying she has decided to "let" me buy a gun for each of us....

About 2 months after getting the guns she asked if we were going to get CHP.. So we did.... I carry all the time..Mostly OC... She has yet to carry but she will come around....

She has never been anti-gun, just anti OC when she was with me, kids were OK. She didnt like the attention, but I think she realizes that there isnt that much attention at all. Tell you the truth, Im gettin kind of bored with it. HA HA. Went to Lowes Hardware today OCing in K ville. She never said a word. I think she has broke through.

My wife also is against OC, it is fine for me to OC just not when she is with me. I've only OC'ed once, it was a week and a half ago on my way to and from the range, stopped in a convenience store with my 12 year old daughter and had no issues. Perhaps one day she will come around.

BTW after the hour shooting at the range with the daughter (shooting my AR15) the daughter informed me it was one of the best hours of her life.

Need to take her more often, I usually go with my 3 grown sons.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    Soon, all that tax money you think you'll be using for your new gun will suddenly be diverted to her new gun.
    This just happened to me. She now has a SR9c, and is signed up for a chp class next month. She is OK w/ me OC'ing, but she wants to stick to concealed. I'm just happy that she is going to be carrying: )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Carry on!