• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC while buying Ammo

realityfatality

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't wallmart have "man with a gun" policy where all employees run to a safe area if a man with a gun is noticed? Lol stupid I know but I'm 99% sure of it..

hazard274

oc while buy ammo

I have never tried OC in Walmart but from reading all the threads on hear it seems that many people do it. IM not sure about in CA but the videos that I have watched and threads I have read make me think its ok. any thoughts people?

realityfatality

.While it may be policy or common reaction to accept OC, we all know how mr. Store manager for 15 years wants to be the walmart hero and tell you they don't allow firearms inside and ask you to leave and/or call the police. It is kalifornia afterall. That walmart policy about hiding was posted on here if I remember correctly. Give the Ol' search a spin and see what she says.

devildoc5

Not sure about ca managers. However I do know personally fromexperience that walmarts corporate policy is to follow state law.

I believe nwcdl.org has a corporate memo posted to absolutely 100% confirm.

However as I stated previously I have had personal experience with walmart while ocing in a state that permits fully loaded oc....

Have even bought ammo in walmart with 6 of us ocing enroute to the range right after an open carry barbecue...

I was mistaken...northwest citizens defense league has regional walmart contacts for the northwest but does not have walmarts printed policy.

They do however have a few national chains that some may find beneficial.

To access these go to nwcdl.org click on forum then click on downloads.

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't wallmart have "man with a gun" policy where all employees run to a safe area if a man with a gun is noticed? Lol stupid I know but I'm 99% sure of it..

That's 100% incorrect. As devildoc5 said, Walmart policy is to abide by state law.

bushwacker

i ve open carried in lots of walmarts nothing said, and I drive a truck so this is experience from many states out there however I had the cops called on me last week at a sams in birmingham after I had gone to customer service and shopped around then sat and ate a slice of pizza drank a soda and when I got to my truck here came the fuzz said that manager called after they did their routine response to called they informed her that i was within my rights and like I said there was no sign on door nor did anyone from sams say no . she said that she was going to call corperate to see if she can put up a sign, since wall mart owns sams ( i ve been told ) and if they go by states laws then she should be denied posting a sign ...are there any good folks in birmingham that would check on this and let us know? looks like a good place to have oc meet if no sign...right?