• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone carry the XDm40 full-size?

smlawrence

Does anyone else carry the Springfield XDm 40 NOT COMPACT??

I have been looking everywhere trying to find a holster similar to the paddle holster that comes with it but with the push button retention and am having no luck.

I find them for the XD40 but can't get a real clear answer on if they will work for the XDm or not. Any help would be great, pics or links please.

Ricky

My profile picture is a XDM-3.8 but let me check the box it came in for applications....P.S. Mine does not stick out the bottom of the Serpa holster
Does anyone else carry the Springfield XDm 40 NOT COMPACT??

I have been looking everywhere trying to find a holster similar to the paddle holster that comes with it but with the push button retention and am having no luck.

I find them for the XD40 but can't get a real clear answer on if they will work for the XDm or not. Any help would be great, pics or links please.

aosailor

I carry a XD .45 in a blackhawk serpa holster. my XDm 9mm full size works in the holster. it is a bit looser then the XD, but not terrible and it locks in place well.

sultan62

M

mattwestm

The serpa for the XD will work, albeit a bit loose. Some of put a strip of velcro on the top (near top of slide) of the holster or in the trigger guard part of the holster to make it not so loose. Also remember that a longer slide model will stick out of the bottom a little bit.

How do you like that Xdm? I love my XD-9 and I'm thinking about getting an XDm-45 this summer.

Last edited:

Ricky

You are right mine was for the XD-40 BUT my XDM-40 does fit and yes it does have maybe 2mm of play in but I"ve had no problems at all with retention issues. Have yet to put some clothe tape in to stop it, it is minimal at best
The serpa for the XD will work, albeit a bit loose. Some of put a strip of velcro on the top (near top of slide) of the holster or in the trigger guard part of the holster to make it not so loose. Also remember that a longer slide model will stick out of the bottom a little bit.

How do you like that Xdm? I love my XD-9 and I'm thinking about getting an XDm-45 this summer.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I did come across this one during my 2 1/2hr searching, but with the dates on those posts in 2009, I surely would of hoped that something exactly for the XDm .40 would be out by now...just figured that thread would be outdated is all.

Did you read this post?

Having read about the wobble issue with the XDm in the XD Serpa Holsters, when I bought my Serpa I took it to the gun counter and asked to check to see how the XDm fit. It did wobble a bit, so out of curiosity I asked to see a service model XD. The XD 9mm service wobbled just as much as the XDm. They both fit exactly the same. The primary difference between the firearms is the contour of the slide, and the Serpa's shape doesn't follow those lines anyway. After tightening down the retention screw and using a little velcro my Serpa holds my XDm perfectly, and I use it for my XD as well.

smlawrence

1: Yes I did read all of those posts, but none were specific on the XDm40 and also were out of date so I thought I would ask just in case someone else was carrying the 40 and could tell me for a fact that a certain holster worked and was what I am looking for. Unfortunately I don't have the 9mm or the .45. None of the stores in my area have any in stock for the XD or XDm so I am weary of ordering online if I can't at least check my gun out in them.

2: I love my XDm40. By far the best handgun I have shot personally. I never thought to try it till my wifes cousin sat down with his XD45 and did it but I can pop a 4" Metal Plate @ 100yds all day long, so I love the accuracy and even after a couple hundred rounds my hand isn't even sore. Ammo capacity is another great plus.

Thanks to those who positively tried to help.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
1: Yes I did read all of those posts, but none were specific on the XDm40 and also were out of date so I thought I would ask just in case someone else was carrying the 40 and could tell me for a fact that a certain holster worked and was what I am looking for. Unfortunately I don't have the 9mm or the .45. None of the stores in my area have any in stock for the XD or XDm so I am weary of ordering online if I can't at least check my gun out in them.

I mean, to me, that post I quoted seems to meet these qualifications.

It was specifically about the XDm, and pointed out that the reason Blackhawk didn't (need to) release a XDm specific model is that they fit exactly the same.

rotorhead

smlawrence, it appears that you have been accused of several counts of asking a question AND asking it again to get clarification of the answers. This will not be tolerated. After all, can you think of the madness in the world if everyone sought clarification for the answers they get? Have you ever thought of the impact of so much clarification running around unchecked?

Not only did you ask a question, but even after being berated for it, you went so far as to explain yourself to seek even further clarification!

How could you embarrass us all with such a wanton display of arrogance? Next time, think of the children. :eek:

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
I carry the xdm in 40 FULL size, OD green with stainless slide.

they have the black hawk ar Colfax gun and ammo is where i got mine.

but i built a hybrid holster. Paddle from my "g-code" (made in NC) and my black hawk other half. I love the set up.

smlawrence

Well unfortunately one of my flaws is measuring twice before cutting. I understand that they were speaking of "A" XDm. But being that I am only familiar with the .40cal since that is what I own maybe someone would say, "Hey, the .40cal, .45cal, and the 9mm all fit the same holster".

Now I was just in Colfax Gun saturday and we tried to place my XDm into the Serpa they had there on the wall and it wouldn't fit into it. This was me trying it and then them trying it just in case I had forgotten how to holster one. That is why I have been so skepticle about it, cause if I am going to spend the money without it being in my hands I want to be sure it fits.

Preble, shoot me a message and maybe we can meet up for lunch or something to chat and let me see your hybrid.

I'm off tomorrow, tuesday, and thinking of hitting Calibers to pop a few off since it's supposed to be raining.

Last edited:

JC_Biggs

carry mine every day.. just watch the copper buttons on the slide.. it will mar it up a bit, get a safari land holster..its the shiznit. iu use the paddle holster when im wearing a couple of specific pairs of jeans, with pockets that are tight and kinda useless. i actually like where the gun rides better there so i wear those quite often haha.

smlawrence

I appreciate everyones help as I resolved this today...really sucks that they just couldn't put one out with XDm on the label even if it was the same as the XD. Picked up the Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 Sportster CQC holster. Inserted the cushion to tighten it up as it was pretty loose in it even after tightening the screw some. All is well, so now to start practicing with the new holster.

Pix included.

Blackhawk 1.jpgBlackhawk 2.jpg