• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just checking for interests for now

aosailor

I'd love to! but it seems everybody is saying mid April? I'll be in bomb disposal school all of April out in Colorado.. maybe when I get back???

jerz_subbie

Where'd you get 'em? My mild steel 3/8" will only handle pistols

I had a couple 4x8' sheets cut up to get exactly what I wanted and sold the rest on a few different boards for MUCH less than any online sellers were charging. I did 1/2" AR500 with 1/2" mounting holes at the top corners. I've tried to do another run a couple different times since I've gotten so many requests for more but getting the material at a reasonable cost has been very difficult. They've been hit with almost everything(M193, M855, .308, 6.8, FN5.7, 6.5G, .45, 9mm, .22lr, .17hmr, 6.5swiss, etc.) as close as 25yds with minor cratering and at 100yds with no damage at all.
AR500gongs1.jpg

moonie

I'd love to do this, and I have several children that would also love to.

Please count me +at least 2 possibly 4+.

Wanted to find somewhere to shoot at longer distances close to home.

:banana::monkey

Kivuli

I'm all kinds of down for this so long as I'm not working that day. I have a Mosin-Nagant that I haven't fired since I bought it seven months ago because there isn't a freaking rifle range near Greensboro.

smlawrence

Still working on it. I own a landscape company and this early spring weather has me balls to the wall busy which is why I haven't been on in a few days. It sounds like most are good for the end of April so let me try to work it out.

elixin77

If I'm going to go (which I really want to), then I'm more than likely only bringing the 91/30 and my mini 14 - these are the only guns I have that can reach out past 100 yards.

Anyone have spotting scopes they can bring?