Thread: holster for large ok super large guy and must CC

holster for large ok super large guy and must CC

I am looking for a sholter holster, prefer nylon, for a big guy 6'5 490 pounds. Does anyone know of one for a guy my size or someone who will make me one. I found a leather company that wants 250 for a leather holster, though nice that is a HIGH price I would think.

Again I would prefer nylon but would settle for leather, also have a glock 17 and 21 would likely be carrying the 17

Do you have to have a shoulder holster?
    As a, as you put it, a super large person I find them to be uncomfortable and in the case of nylon holsters very abrasive. For CC I use a Crossbreed QwikClip set up for cross draw. I carry a XD40.

Lets fight

does not have to be but I would like to have both options, sometimes in florida I go with shorts where a belt holster is not an option

Try the Galco waist band which I use sometimes when back home in good ole Florida. As for shoulder holsters, I have a Fobus rig but you need a belt to really keep it in place. You might also look at 5.11 Tactical's concealed carry shirts which have hidden pockets for guns at chest level. Trying to conceal a Glock 17, let alone a 21, that high up on your body, and being a super big guy, is going to be hard to not have it print. You might look at getting one of the subcompacts for Florida carry. I've got a G30 just for that purpose.

A properly positioned shoulder holster can work abnormally well for a more hefty person, because the printing is reduced by the persons size blending it in. Daily deep concealment of a full sized handgun in a decent shoulder should be no problem for you.

There is however the issue of speed. Shoulder holsters are best suited for 2nd or preferably 3rd guns, because they are horribly slow on the draw. Strong side IWB carry is much faster on the draw, and again at your size should pose little problem for printing, even in properly selected summer clothes. I highly suggest you carry IWB with your primary, and reserve shoulder holster carry for if you're carrying both guns, which of course I also suggest.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

i am a biggun too and the cell pal works greateven without a belt. i have a new one set up for a blackberry I will sell for 50.00 plus 5.00 usps priority mail .

Check out this company they offer a shoulder holster and a chest holster for under a $100 bucks.
    http://www.survivalsheath.com/main/home.htm
    Last edited by xdmcompact; 03-30-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: forgot website link