• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Administrator? Moderator??

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
If you are looking for presentation type material I am unaware of anything geared towards a public type board. MOC and OCDO stickies have things directed at legislature members as well as Police organizations. I too am a member of a local board and think I know what you are looking for. Depending on your needs, the MOC tri-fold brochure may be enough to suit your needs. If not, in the same area you may wish to read through our older LEO Packet. There is a ton of info out there, but most is geared towards current and prospective OCers and keeping them legal. I will give you a couple links below, but if you truly need a written and or graphic presentation for an organization, well, then you will need something specifically tailored to accomplish your goals.

MOC, Inc. Tri-Fold Brochure - http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/brochure.pdf

MOC, Inc. LEO Packet - http://michiganopencarry.org/?q=node/4

Feel free to PM me as well, listening to your post I think I gather what you want to do and may be able to help. Quite frankly though, you are being awful cryptic of your goals and needs, whether on purpose or accidentally, and I think that is what is throwing the folks here off.

tenletters

Thanks for the links, I can make a fairly orderly presentation from the information on them. If I need more I'll do a search and/or ask. As to the reception, go easy on the visitors regardles of the occasional troll, you rarely know who you're talking to and more people sympathetic to the cause is worth worlds more than how the macho responses make you feel.

stainless1911

Banned
MOC routinely does public presentations about OC, perhaps you would do better top contact them, and let them help you directly. Im uncomfortable with a laymen going in front of a group of people and giving a discussion on the laws related to, or open carry in general. You could frankly, give advice that could land someone in jail or civil court, and when questions are asked, you won't be able to properly answer them.

TheQ

Thanks for the links, I can make a fairly orderly presentation from the information on them. If I need more I'll do a search and/or ask. As to the reception, go easy on the visitors regardles of the occasional troll, you rarely know who you're talking to and more people sympathetic to the cause is worth worlds more than how the macho responses make you feel.

You'll forgive us, your original post was a bit ominous and dismissive of the average board participant, like we didn't know enough to answer your question.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran

we bow to your superior attitude and to the sheer volume of rounds that have spewed forth from your firearms (which we can only assume are larger, in both number and size, than ours)

DanM

tenletters said:
Moreover, it's hard to determine the expertise of the various posters. Can the Michigan Moderator or an Administrator please email me??

Easy on the conspiracy paranoia, you'll give the dark side ammunition. . . .
I've probably shot more rounds than nearly anyone here . . .
[I'm] as interested in promoting open (or concealed) carry as most who post here. . . .
If I copy a thread I also get input from who knows about what he THINKS is the law . . .

As to the reception, go easy . . .

You question the reception, but you do not question your entry?

Immediately assuming there's a "Michigan Moderator" and immediately dismissing the level of knowledge of forum participants. Claiming, barely out the gate here, that you've probably shot more rounds than most here and you are just as much an OC advocate as most here.

My friend, if I were you I would be EXTREMELY embarrassed by my display of obvious ignorance of this website, the forums, and its participants. Usually, when I'm new to a forum, I read a lot first and ask questions without underlying assumptions.

Fortunately for you, most of us are accepting of "do-overs", if you care to remain here and demonstrate a bit more productive view of your fellow participants and a little more humble view of yourself.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Go google: MSP Legal Update 86.

It's the most authoritative overview you'll find on Open Carry.

I agree, here is the link:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/msp/MSP_Legal_Update_No._86_2_336854_7.pdf

I would also add that, since you are on a school board, MCL 237a(4) which prohibits possession of a firearm in a weapon free school zone, a term defined in section 237a(6)(d) as "school property and a vehicle used by a school to transport students to or from school property" also has some exceptions: the prohibition against possessing firearms in a school zone does not apply to a peace officer or to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon. Therefore, a person with a CPL can openly carry a firearm in a school, but under MCL 28.425o, concealed carry is prohibited.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-237a

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-425o

Last edited:

mastiff69

Tenletters, how about, if you would, update your profile with at least where you are located.

That way one of us can meet up with you, or get you some paperwork which will help guide you in your choices !