• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time OC Today

ishyid

So I don't know if anyone here is familaiar with Cascadia, but its a huge city within a city type or development that has gone banckrupt. So its nothing but un developed roads and neighbor hoods. There is a school that is in use and parks. Actually a lot of actovity for nothing being back there. Its home to a lot of teen vandalism and lots of young punk kids that like to do stupid things. Anyways my girlfriend and I went back there today and took her dog on a walk. I decided to start to get a little used to my firearm and I OCd while doing it. Right when we parked I reachein the back seat to grab my bag that I keep my pistol in a security guard comes screaming up on us and asks if we are just raising our dog on a walk. We said yes and he said that's ok. We ran into him again. This time we were out of the car with my pistol on my hip. He drove by us and either didn't notice it or didn't want to say anything about it. As it being my first time OC it was kind of a gut check when I saw him as I didn't want any confrontation. Luckily nothing happened.

Just though I would share with everyone my OC expirence today.

-Joshua

sudden valley gunner

You'll find the stares slow down after awhile too, if you are regular in areas people get used to you carrying.

I also noticed that you start being able to discern between stares of wow never scene that but cool, and OMG! kind.

If you are relaxed and open minded and friendly you'll find that most your encounters will be positive and supportive and you'll end up having great education moments.

ishyid

Actually it was quit funny. My girlfriend didn't even notice me load up and place the gun in my holster. We were walking for almost 20 minutes, and we even placed a geocache as we both love geocaching, and she isn't even notice it untill she put her arm around me and was like omg you have your gun. And i own a m&p 9 full size so its bot that small. It co.pletly caught her off guard and I referee back to a conversation we had a couple days ago about how everyone is so used to seeing cellphones and what not on peoples belts that most don't even realize its a gun. And she didn't believe me. Point proven! Haha

sudden valley gunner

Congrats on carrying and on doing it openly. You'll like the feeling of "freeness" and pretty soon it will feel weird to cover it up, I know it does for me. But I never was a conceal carry guy.

Now just to get your female companion to carry. :D I use the OC gatherings we have as a perfect excuse to get mine to carry openly.

Jeff Hayes

Do not get your girlfriend or wife started on guns, it will cost you big time like today when I stopped to pick up my new 1911. The whole time I am filling out paper work she was shopping 2 speed loaders, a new hard case for her S&W 66 and a comment about that Ruger 101 in the case she now needs. I figure this trip to the gun store will cost me $500 + by the time she is done. The last 3 times she has gone with me she has purchased a new gun. 3 years ago my wife would not walk with me when I OCed now she is a wheel gun junkie, careful what you ask for.

Last edited:

1911er

Do not get your girlfriend or wife started on guns, it will cost you big time like today when I stopped to pick up my new 1911. The whole time I am filling out paper work she was shopping 2 speed loaders, a new hard case for her S&W 66 and a comment about that Ruger 101 in the case she now needs. I figure this trip to the gun store will cost me $500 + by the time she is done. The last 3 times she has gone with me she has purchased a new gun. 3 years ago my wife would not walk with me when I OCed now she is a wheel gun junkie, careful what you ask for.

Yeah but she could have worse addictions consider yourself lucky.

ishyid

Haha too late... She came with me gun shopping and she fell in love with thepink Walther P22... And her first question was can I carry that on my belt legally. Haha

irish52084

Haha too late... She came with me gun shopping and she fell in love with thepink Walther P22... And her first question was can I carry that on my belt legally. Haha

The pink 22 strikes again. My girl wants a pink sig 22 she saw at the shop a few months ago. She has claimed my CZ 82 now, so I guess the 22 is an afterthought now. lol

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Color

My OD Green/Black Taurus 24/7 matches perfectly with most of my pants. OCing can be fashionable! Carry on-every time you do it, it gets easier. Also I suggest a CPL, that way you don't have to mess with your gun when you get in and out of your car.

ApacheBunny

It gets pretty spendy for fashion lol, my wife wants a Beretta 96a1 or a 90 Two in .40 and told me to make it look like the Samurai Edge from the Resident Evil gamecube remake, when us game nerds get into guns :rolleyes: . after all the money spent it will be about $650+. Yes I am currently making an FNP-40 model for Fallout New Vegas lol, but beside the point, best have your wallet ready for empty when she wants to join in.

Last edited: