• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

possible oc meet up in joplin

xdman

would like to get some dates of availability and possible meet up spots to raise awareness in this area.

EyeHog

I would be up for this as well. It has been discussed before, I think we would have several people show up. Hope we can work something out and actually get a group together this time! I'll just throw out a date, Saturday April 9, 6:00PM. Location TBD. Thought, ideas, etc?

xdman

joplin oc

well the time and date are set now. Hope more people are going to join in. If anyone wants to try to get news coverage for the event if it grows large enough that would be great. logans will be the meet the meet up place.

Last edited:

Glocky

Joplin OC

Keep us posted if anything changes on the date and time. I'd be really interested in attending such an event. I'm just moving to Joplin from Springfield, and it seems that people here are really weary of people OCing. In Springfield I never really had any issues with it. In Joplin though I get some of the strangest looks from people, and constantly have people trying to tell me that I'm breaking the law. Even after I tell them that the county,City, and State law allows it they still don't want to believe me lol.

xdman

joplin oc

yes ive checked the laws in our area and nothing says otherwise that oc is illegal we need to try to get a large turn out to raise awareness in our area or it will be a right lost.

xdman

joplin meet

would anyone whos been ocing for awhile like to speak to the news if we can get it covered?

goalseter88

first make sure you got a set in stone day,time, place. and give me the numbers. i call them if i got some time, but i cant make it, i got a CWI test that day. So it be up to you guys on talking if they show up.

EyeHog

well the time and date are set now. Hope more people are going to join in. If anyone wants to try to get news coverage for the event if it grows large enough that would be great. well we could go to star bucks on north rangeline rd and go from there?

Sounds good to me, looking forward to it!

xdman

joplin oc

logans it will be then april 9th 6pm. well lets just make logans the first stop.

Last edited:

jeepsnfish

lets keep the news out of it for now and get a serious group together in the joplin area that is willing to meet on a regular basis, inform the public we come into contact with, and go from there.

p.s. Im up for logans!!!

Tony4310

Seeing as St.Louis won't be having any for a while ( Which I disagree with ) . I'm going to need to find a new group :banghead: Might join ya guys.

goalseter88

lets keep the news out of it for now and get a serious group together in the joplin area that is willing to meet on a regular basis, inform the public we come into contact with, and go from there.

p.s. Im up for logans!!!

yah i recomend that to. it wouldnt look to good if you invite the media and only the main person who started this showed up :p especially since this would be your first meet, while it wont be the same organized thing every time, i think it be beter to get the first meet done, get to know eachother then plan a media thing. it is hard enough trying to prepare for media, and also having to learn who each person is etc.

Cracker06

Sounds good!!! Hope we dont have to wait for hours to get a seat. You know how every restaurant is busy on the weekends!