• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will The Backlash Of Gov. Walker's Actions Hurt Judge Prosser??

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
This is based only on comments I heard today on Wisconsin Public Radio so take this for what it is or isn't worth. Today there were allegations that the Dems want to prevent the re-election of Justice Prosser on April 5 in order to shift the balance of the Wisconsin Supreme Court to a more liberal viewpoint and reduce Governor Walker's power and influence. This can result in a number of outcomes, one of which is using the judicial branch in the State of Wisconsin to rule against the 2A rights of Wisconsin Citizens.

I once said in this forum if you aren't calling and writing your senators and representatives, then you just handed the keys, the steering wheel, and the gas pedal to those who do. Obviously, the same holds true for voting. On April 5, vote for your 2A rights and support Justice Prosser!!

phred

I also heard that there will a unified and concerted effort to eliminate Judge Prosser from the bench. People who are not used to being pushed around have realized their dire situation and are going to "get back". I've suggested that this "inability (of the Governor and Legislature) to play well with others" earlier in other threads would have consequences and was told where to go.

Last edited:

protias

This state has become more conservative in the last year. I don't think he'll lose as everyone votes.

rcav8r

He could lose if the silent majority I believe that is out there does NOT speak up with their votes! Spring elections are not some of the best attended, that is for sure. You can be sure that the libs will be out in force to get their people to vote for his opponent, whats-her-name. The reason is simple. They are challenging the new law in the courts, and it is a good chance it will fast track to the state supreme court. Get a liberal majority in court, and they win.

So the left will pull out the stops to get people to vote early and often.

The conservatives MUST get out and vote, none of this "oh, my vote won't make a difference" crap.

CalicoJack10

I will vote for him, over and over and over and over, and I push those that I know to vote for him too. Mostly because there are so few that actually go out and vote. I have even driven a few of them to the polls myself.

Lurchiron

I also heard that there will a unified and concerted effort to eliminate Judge Prosser from the bench. People who are not used to being pushed around have realized their dire situation and are going to "get back". I've suggested that this "inability (of the Governor and Legislature) to play well with others" earlier in other threads would have consequences and was told where to go.

Me thinks the gatekeeper at WCI needs to be court-martialed; cause somebody let the skunk in...phew

paul@paul-fisher.com

Me thinks the gatekeeper at WCI needs to be court-martialed; cause somebody let the skunk in...phew

Please don't diss phred. He's a very staunch 2A supporter and while I don't agree with his stand on the budget repair bill, I support his right to disagree and even bitch about it.

If we call people names because of their beliefs, we are no better than they are.

HandyHamlet

I went to the Barber today. There were four old timers hanging out telling awful jokes. I figured being lifelong residents of a town who's bread and butter was auto labor they would be bitching about Walker.

Boy howdy was I wrong. Two had already signed the Dem recall petition and one was trying to find a place to sign. Here's hoping.

;)

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Please don't diss phred. He's a very staunch 2A supporter and while I don't agree with his stand on the budget repair bill, I support his right to disagree and even bitch about it.

If we call people names because of their beliefs, we are no better than they are.

+1, this kind of thing only weakens us. There are all kinds of Facebook pages - pick your battle - where one can be a pain in the ass.

jpm84092

I do not always agree with Phred's political views, but I will stand my ground to support his right to say what his conscience dictates. His stand on our second amendment rights is without rebuke or question. Phred's politics and mine are in conflict, but we live in the United States of America and this forum is no place to argue politics. This forum is about the Second Amendment to the US Constitution and the wording of the Constitution of the State of Wisconsin. It is also about Wisconsin laws that run afoul of both those blessed documents.

Having said that, Pfred my brother, please keep political comments to a minimum, except as they pertain to the People's God Given Right to Keep and Bear Arms to protect themselves and those they love.

God Bless the United States of America!

Gunslinger

I'm not familiar with the Justice being mentioned. But I take issue with your last statement. The people of WI voted in the GOP because of the cesspool which has been Madison for years and your state being one step from the kalifornia of the Midwest with respect to fiscal health. In response to that mandate, the Republicans did the right thing and took from the overpaid, underworked teachers' union ward healers. This is what the people of WI wanted and expressed with their ballots. That leftwing scum, like reverand jackass and that fat pos moore, objected in their usual vile, filthy manner, underscores the correctness of Gov. Walker and the Senate majority. "Playing well" with your enemies doesn't make them your friends. It just earns you their scorn.

Lurchiron

I'm not familiar with the Justice being mentioned. But I take issue with your last statement. The people of WI voted in the GOP because of the cesspool which has been Madison for years and your state being one step from the kalifornia of the Midwest with respect to fiscal health. In response to that mandate, the Republicans did the right thing and took from the overpaid, underworked teachers' union ward healers. This is what the people of WI wanted and expressed with their ballots. That leftwing scum, like reverand jackass and that fat pos moore, objected in their usual vile, filthy manner, underscores the correctness of Gov. Walker and the Senate majority. "Playing well" with your enemies doesn't make them your friends. It just earns you their scorn.

Wow...and all I did, was call a skunk; a skunk.

KansasKraut

Fellas, I've been told that if we lose Prosser we lose a conservative majority on the Supreme Court bench, which could potentially be a hammerblow to our cause. I voted for him once and I'll do it again, but the commies are indeed mobilizing in this state. Convince your friends, family and neighbors to get our guy to stay in his position. We need him now more than ever, given that Wisconsin finally stands ready to extend the privilege (LOL!) of CCW (or hopefully Const. Carry!) to us this session.

HandyHamlet

No biggie.

Vote 'e, ALL out EVERY election.

Case and point.
Problems got so bad that justices on both sides described the court as dysfunctional, and Prosser and others suggested bringing in a third party for help, e-mails show.

Instead of dicking around they are supposed to be working for US. Political office is a privilege not a career.

Get rid a da bums.