Thread: Obama Wades Into Gun Control Debate, Two Months After Tucson, Arizona Shooting

Exclamation Obama Wades Into Gun Control Debate, Two Months After Tucson, Arizona Shooting

While I think he would LOVE to impose more gun control, I don't think he will. First off he knows he doesn't have the votes in Congress to push it through (even when Democrats controlled Congress he didn't have the votes). Secondly he knows that outside of a select few places gun control is basically political suicide. Instead he seems to pander to the gun control crowd while not not actually doing anything. If you notice all he suggested was to better enforce our current laws, better report on things like mental illness, and some unnamed "common sense" laws to be made. He doesn't actually suggest anything new.

You mean the House. The Democrats control the Congress still. Like he cares about political suicide. Look at how he handle Obama Care and Cap & Tax. He only cares about his radical progressive liberal agenda and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    While I think he would LOVE to impose more gun control, I don't think he will. First off he knows he doesn't have the votes in Congress to push it through (even when Democrats controlled Congress he didn't have the votes). Secondly he knows that outside of a select few places gun control is basically political suicide. Instead he seems to pander to the gun control crowd while not not actually doing anything. If you notice all he suggested was to better enforce our current laws, better report on things like mental illness, and some unnamed "common sense" laws to be made. He doesn't actually suggest anything new.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestilly View Post
    You mean the House. The Democrats control the Congress still. Like he cares about political suicide. Look at how he handle Obama Care and Cap & Tax. He only cares about his radical progressive liberal agenda and nothing more.

I agree with you, even though I call "progressivism" regressive, since all that nonsense has been tried. It either fails or ends in mass murder. I'm actually suprised it took the moonbat messiah a whole 2 months before someone put this BS on a teleprompter for him. He usually comes in late anyway, but you'd think he and the bed wetters who control him would have moved on this before the blood dried.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

More like "Obama gingerly sticks his toe into the Gun Control Pool".
    "There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace." ~ Aldo Leopold

Trailrunner's Blog
    Got Twitter?

Because it's working so well now....

Why is it that Liberals always say: "Well, I know we already went off the deep end into absolute insanity and it didn't work. Of course, this is because we need to go even FURTHER off the deep end; it'll work then! Ignore history and how this pattern has always resulted in the complete opposite of it's claims! Continue ignoring the man behind the curtain!"

It's the same thing over and over again... Is America really filled with people who are so stupid that they can't catch on?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Neither group controls Congress because for the most part you can't pass anything w/o both houses agreeing to it (I know there's certain exceptions and the Senate is the more "powerful" house). Also if he didn't care then he would have tried to ram through more things that he campaigned for. The biggest danger is during his lame duck session where he's lost the election but is still in office. Or if he does get re-elected again (god help the country) then that second term. But until that happens he still has to try and play politics if he wants even the faintest of shots at a second term.

Has he learned a damned thing by reading our forums?

Apparently not.

I found the following quote from Jim Kessler interesting:

“Actually, I like this,” emailed Jim Kessler, a former director of policy and research at Americans for Gun Safety. “There will be a knee-jerk reaction among some who will say, “Why no clip ban?” But I think on both substance and political grounds, a high-capacity clip ban is the wrong way to go. There were roughly 12,000 gun homicides last year, and I’ll wager that less than 10 were caused by bullets 11 through 30 in someone’s magazine. The problem is bullets 1, 2, and 3 –- not 11, 12, and 13."

I like it for the face he's right with respect to which bullets do the killing. I'm wondering how he got his former job as director if he's still unable to differentiate the difference between a magazine and a clip.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Ignore history and how this pattern has always resulted in the complete opposite of it's claims! Continue ignoring the man behind the curtain!"

It's the same thing over and over again... Is America really filled with people who are so stupid that they can't catch on?
    Yep! Makes you proud to be an American, doesn't it?

And this from a President who earned his degree in political science, from Harvard, no less. Too bad it wasn't a degree in history, particularly the rise and fall of kingdoms and military history. If he had, he might realize a society's level of civil unrest and discord stems far more from other factors than from its level of armament. Yet historically, disarmament is the first reaction by governments, usually to disasterous effect.
    Last edited by since9; 03-14-2011 at 11:13 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Obama would rather be President of China? He really said that?

Nice opinion piece. I really hope our President didn't actually say that. But if he did, the implications of his thought process????

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...esident-china/
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

NRA Letter to Obama

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=6421

I was impressed with the letter to Obama

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmar254 View Post
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=6421

I was impressed with the letter to Obama
    I am not a huge fan of the NRA, but it was an excellent letter.