• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tell your Open Carry Stories here

Motofixxer

Well I was in a local store looking at an item on the shelf and a lady walks by to my right at the other end of the shelving about 15' away. She asked "do you work here?" As I look towards her and say no she says "oh I'm sorry...I just noticed the gun." I just smiled at her as she kept on walking away.

M

McX

Well I was in a local store looking at an item on the shelf and a lady walks by to my right at the other end of the shelving about 15' away. She asked "do you work here?" As I look towards her and say no she says "oh I'm sorry...I just noticed the gun." I just smiled at her as she kept on walking away.

i guess the totality of them there circumstances added up to zero there moto!

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Been There

That has happened to me multiple times at the Monona Walmart. I just respond: "No, ma'am".

CalicoJack10

I recently had a couple dumb $hit meth dealers move in around the corner. Today I was standing in the driveway with my pistol on as one drove by. Having had dealings with this snaggle tooth punk in the past I stared at him as he drove by. Like a true meth head he stopped the car and got out runnin at the mouth. While he walked around his car I clasped my hands behind my back so that my side arm was in clear view.

The neighbor smiled a bit and we kept talking as papa one tooth jumped back in his car and drove away.

It is amazing how accepting the majority of my neighbors are to my OC practices. All except the ones that are up to no good. I can't wait to toss the ball in the back yard with the neighborhood kids and let all the funkin junkies see that I am all about self defense and defense of others.

qball54208

I was bummin around last week shopping some of my local stores, I wanted to make an authentic ethnic dish, so I stopped into a local ethnic store, it also happens to be in a fairly rough neighborhood. Mostly lower income, mixed ethnicity, in fact it is just a block away from where I first move to when I came to Green Bay, that's how I know what they have.
I parused around the store looking at various items on my list, there were about 8-10 people in there, buying of all things, beer! Go figure! It's par for the course in that neck of the woods.
I placed my items on the counter, the store employees didn't even blink at my firearm. I was dressed in blue jeans and a long sleeve shirt (red) I had asked the clerk if they had a "grande" sized bottle of Cholula hot sauce (I discovered it while doing some training in New Mexico last year) I LOVE the stuff!
While finishing up our transaction, a female behind me asked "you a Cop?" to which I replied, would it make a difference? Cause you don't have to be a Cop to carry a firearm in the State of WI. The young man w/her asked "is that a 9?" Please pardon the reference, however this was ghetto education at it's best.
I had replied w/a resounding HELL NO, it's a 45, a "9" will go through ya a 45 will knock you on your arse!
He had a sheit eatin grin all over his face!
No attitudes, no problems, no issues just another healthy life experience for me and the public in general.

Outdoorsman1

I OC'd in my local Walgreens this morning and got my picture taken with the Easter Bunny...making sure my sidearm was facing the camera....

Outdoorsman1

MKEgal

Pretty much every day I OC into / out of the gym. Never any problem, even in the locker room.
In the past few days I've OCd while in PickNSave, Menard's, Culver's...
Today I need to go to Fleet Farm in Men. Falls for cat food. (Or start feeding them tuna, which will completely spoil them!)
Might stop at Woodman's on the way home.

Only place I wish I could carry & can't is at work.
I feel VERY vulnerable walking to my car downtown after midnight, & you can bet that nobody from the theater or company is there to help fend off thugs.
When we get Constitutional Carry...

Jason in WI

I was scouting for a possible meet location near the Milwaukee area Saturday. Stopped in a Starbucks the girlfriend said had nice people and would be in a great location. Walked up to the counter and the guy taking the order notices my Guns save lives button and suddenly gives me a high five and says "Yes! I'm NRA for life! I love that button!", after he noticed I was carrying he even got more excited and we talked about firearms for a minute. Said he couldn't wait to turn 21 to get his permit to carry, I explain there is no permit and other stuff but I forgot to give him WCI information as I could tell his co-workers and boss really, really wanted him to get back to work. I'm sure I'll see him again.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I was bummin around last week shopping some of my local stores, I wanted to make an authentic ethnic dish, so I stopped into a local ethnic store, it also happens to be in a fairly rough neighborhood. Mostly lower income, mixed ethnicity, in fact it is just a block away from where I first move to when I came to Green Bay, that's how I know what they have.
I parused around the store looking at various items on my list, there were about 8-10 people in there, buying of all things, beer! Go figure! It's par for the course in that neck of the woods.
I placed my items on the counter, the store employees didn't even blink at my firearm. I was dressed in blue jeans and a long sleeve shirt (red) I had asked the clerk if they had a "grande" sized bottle of Cholula hot sauce (I discovered it while doing some training in New Mexico last year) I LOVE the stuff!
While finishing up our transaction, a female behind me asked "you a Cop?" to which I replied, would it make a difference? Cause you don't have to be a Cop to carry a firearm in the State of WI. The young man w/her asked "is that a 9?" Please pardon the reference, however this was ghetto education at it's best.
I had replied w/a resounding HELL NO, it's a 45, a "9" will go through ya a 45 will knock you on your arse!
He had a sheit eatin grin all over his face!
No attitudes, no problems, no issues just another healthy life experience for me and the public in general.

Are you talking about that little Mexican Grocery on University ?

Motofixxer

I'm standing at the cashier at Walmart. I happen to look over towards the doors. I see a managerial looking woman standing there near the greeter lady. I finish my purchase and begin walking toward the door. Then who is walking toward me with the manager lady? A Madison PD officer (GASP) I continue walking minding my own business, and pass the lady and officer without even a noticeable look from the officer. Did he notice? Was he ignoring me? I guess I will never know. 1 point for the professional and lawful nonaction of a Madison Officer.