• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Valley View Mall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The mall has a strict "No Guns" policy, but I've never run into trouble OCing in the anchor stores which apparently have their own separate policies like JC Penney and maybe Barnes & Noble while staying out of the mall part. I've also never had much issue OCing in the nearby restaurants and other stores not immediately attached. Sure sounds like their "No Guns" policy worked. It's amazing that their "No Violence" policy somehow decided to not work either a year or so back when the young woman was sexually molested in a dressing room in the mall.

Last edited:

buster81

Valley View Mall in Roanoke to reopen Tuesday after all-night search for armed man

http://roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/280095

About 40 city police and state police troopers swept most of the shopping complex, said Roanoke Police Capt. Greg Staples.

Police received reports of a man toting a long black object resembling a firearm into a lower-level entrance of Macy's

"No such individual was located," police spokeswoman Aisha Johnson said.

Be careful what you carry into the mall.

Last edited:

crazydude6030

I cant help but to wonder, what would have happened to the person had they found him... It sounded like they were treating this guy as an active shooter rather then someone trespassing.

Last edited:

crazydude6030

It is curious how video of the confirmed "long black object resembling a rifle" has not been released.

If there was one it might have been something as simple as a curtain rob being returned. Maybe it was an assault curtain rod. :-D

The only thing that comes to mind is if there is a hobby shop in the mall that he was taking said object to for repair or trade. I gotta think that there wouldn't have been that much of a reaction unless something was confirmed.

Shpoa86

I wonder if there are any places in the mall that sell airsoft...it could just be an airsoft rifle, or maybe like you said, an umbrella because of the weather!:shocker:

crazydude6030

Just thinking about what if they found this guy, threw him to the ground or worse. 40 cops, shutting down the mall... It all seems a bit over kill based on those pics.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Unless the pictures are just so poor that I can't determine, it appears that the person in the circle in both pictures is wearing black or dark gloves and a full face cover. Adding that to what may be a rifle (can't tell for sure), if I were a worker there I could see the alarm caused.

ocholsteroc

Looks like a M4 from the picture walking away, you can see the front sight and the muzzle.

Compare.

Either way he was OCing a long rifle, I wonder if he had more than a 20 round magazine? But it appears his face is coverd, which is a felony.
The first picture shows what appears to be a umbrella.

Attachments

• m42.jpg
    m42.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 166
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.