• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd in Mattingly's (St. Charles) last week...

kellogg2185

Was at Show Me's for a bit with Steve, where we have OC'd more than a few times, with no issue, even had a female LEO come in and not say anything to us (she was visiting a friend, not called because of us). Then I went to Mattingly's off of Truman, and hung out their for a bit. Was there for twenty minutes, before some lady went up to the manager and pointed me out. He asked if I was armed, to which I said yes, and then asked me to take it to my truck, which I did. When I came back in, he said he'd be cool with me carrying in the bar if I became a regular, but being fairly new to that bar, he wasn't comfortable with it. I said no problem, he gave me a shot on the house, then we BS'd about random stuff for a bit. All in all, no problem. My buddy ate lunch there today however, and tells me now they have a "No Firearms" sign posted... Not sure how I feel about that, as the manager said he was fine with it, plus there were some off duty LEO's in there that were carrying CCW style... I'm gonna OC in there again later this week, maybe for lunch, and see how it goes.

sohighlyunlikely

Was at Show Me's for a bit with Steve, where we have OC'd more than a few times, with no issue, even had a female LEO come in and not say anything to us (she was visiting a friend, not called because of us). Then I went to Mattingly's off of Truman, and hung out their for a bit. Was there for twenty minutes, before some lady went up to the manager and pointed me out. He asked if I was armed, to which I said yes, and then asked me to take it to my truck, which I did. When I came back in, he said he'd be cool with me carrying in the bar if I became a regular, but being fairly new to that bar, he wasn't comfortable with it. I said no problem, he gave me a shot on the house, then we BS'd about random stuff for a bit. All in all, no problem. My buddy ate lunch there today however, and tells me now they have a "No Firearms" sign posted... Not sure how I feel about that, as the manager said he was fine with it, plus there were some off duty LEO's in there that were carrying CCW style... I'm gonna OC in there again later this week, maybe for lunch, and see how it goes.

My opinion is if it says no firearms. Do not go there. There are many other places who respect 2nd Amendment rights. Spend your money were you are appreciated..

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Gonna side with Doc on this, might visit and inquire without spending coin, express dissatisfaction and hand a no guns no money card and leave after informing of the boycott list, put em on it at mocarry and here, it has proven effective.

Might be an issue with the 50% law though, be nice professional but leave without spending a dime.

sohighlyunlikely

Boycott

My buddy ate lunch there today however, and tells me now they have a "No Firearms" sign posted... Not sure how I feel about that, as the manager said he was fine with it, plus there were some off duty LEO's in there that were carrying CCW style... I'm gonna OC in there again later this week, maybe for lunch, and see how it goes.

Kellogg I know you personally. You have attended OC meet ups. If you can answer yes to the following 2 questions. I will be posting Mattingly's on the Boycott list here on OCDO. Are they a restaurant (not food serving bar) that is open on Sunday? Have you seen the no firearms sign with your own 2 eyes?

Doc

StevenSTL

Kellogg, if you want to head up there unarmed and have a chat with the manager, I'll go with you. I don't know how he'd feel with two armed guys approaching him. I've gotta work a double Tuesday and Wednesday. Then 4pm on Thursday. Text me and let me know what's up.

woodchuck114

Kind of off subject, but St. Chuck is my home town and I travel there fairly often. Since I'm new to all of this, I would love to meet with any other like minded people when I'm in the area.

cash50

Kellogg I know you personally. You have attended OC meet ups. If you can answer yes to the following 2 questions. I will be posting Mattingly's on the Boycott list here on OCDO. Are they a restaurant (not food serving bar) that is open on Sunday? Have you seen the no firearms sign with your own 2 eyes?

Doc

I was the one who saw it. Went there yesterday. They are open on Sundays. And I did see the sign. It was printed off a pc.

I don't really wanna boycott Mattingly's b/c I like it a lot. They're a blue collar, laid-back, cheap and good place to go to.

Steve- I don't think the armed vs. unarmed thing matters, unless you plan on killing the guy for disagreeing with you...even for that a gun isn't required.

Festus_Hagen

I have not looked tonite, but I thought I saw somewhere that OC in a bar that was a restaurant was illegal ? Is that just for bars , or am I remembering things that have not occurred yet ?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I do not believe there is any laws regarding OC in bars. I think there is CCW restrictions involving bars.

Doc

You cant have OC in the bars, it will be like the wild west! Blood in the streets, shootings over parking places, gangbangers twirling their weapons!

/me turns troll button off

LOL

kellogg2185

Yeah, I'm not gonna carry in there again until I get a chance to talk to the managers, and see what they have to say. The guy I talked to seemed to be a pretty decent guy. I agree with Cash on this one, the place has great food and is real cheap, would be a shame to be on the boycott list.