Thread: NRA Letter to Obama

NRA Letter to Obama

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=6421

I was impressed with this letter.

I think we should write to Obama and let him know if we agree with this letter

My letter

This is what I wrote to Obama, and I clicked contact me

I fully support and agree with the letter from the National Rifle Association dated 03/14/2011. I couldn't have said it any better.

I agree with the approach of half the letter, while the approach of the other half is crap. Obama is a pragmatic thinker, so pontificating what the NRA considers to be his nominations and/or backing of anti-Second Amendment folks to SCOTUS or in his administration is a waste of time.

I have read(e) and heard a number of people accuse President Obama of being a flip-flopper. Well, if he is in fact a flip-flopper then the NRA or any other pro-Second Amendment group should be able to get Obama to flip-flop on Second Amendment issues.

I would recommend that the NRA take a less political and more pragmatic approach when dealing with Obama. But what do I know...the current approach is working so well, right?
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I found the entire letter to be well-written and a pragmatic view of the issues surrounding Obama's and his administration's attacks on 2A rights and attempts to undermine the 2A altogether.

I't's highly unlikely Obama will ever read this letter, much less respond to it. Whatever flunky appointed to handle that task will undoubtedly be as anti-2A as Obama, yet will respond with a non-committal, neutral POV message that says nothing and does less.

A much more effective approach would be to write one's state and national legislators.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.